Mount Healy Overlook Trail

Mount Healy Overlook Trail is a 4.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Talkeetna, Alaska that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until August.

scenic driving

Remarkable view of the Denali Park Village from the top!

Great hike with amazing views. My four kids ages 4-12 did it with me.

Great, gradual hike with an excellent view. It isn't time consuming and there are several lookout points along the hike for taking breaks. A good family hike.

Start out on the Tiaga trail right at the Visitor's Center which takes you to the Mt Healy Overlook Trail. The first part of the trail winds you through the spruce forest, over a creek and then eventually opens up to the views. When we were there, the mountain was jam-packed with berries, and we stopped many times to sample and rest as we made our way up. The trail was sometimes difficult for us being in our 60s, but there we just rested and drank water along the way. The trail will traverse back and forth until you finally reach the top and are rewarded with beautiful views. You don't need to stop at the top of the trail and can wander around on the mountain top. Wear layered clothing and bring water. We did not experience any bugs, but I always have the bug dope on any hike just in case. This is most enjoyable and I highly recommend to any able bodied person.

Great hike with great views!

Great trail! Stunning views. About a 1-1.5 hour hike up to the top. Highly recommend!

A bit boring until near the top. Then it is great! The park lists this trail as strenuous. I would say it is mildly strenuous. Wildflowers abound!

Great views. Fairly steep but not too bad.

be prepared for some incline. great hike to prove you need to get back in shape. awesome views at the top.

I went up along with my 60 year old friend and I'm in my mid-twenties. Anyone can do this if they take enough breaks! 2 hours up 1 hour down for our trip

Forest and flowers: notice the change in elevation how the foliage shifts. Nice uphill. Great view. Easy return with interconnected trail system near the visitors center to make it a longer walk.

Great trail. Switchbacks most of way up with unbelievable views at the top. Well worth pushing through to get to the top.

Worth the climb! We will be back

Awesome hike with an amazing view at the top! Worth it!

Great hike and beautiful views. Once you get to the top you can travel across a few more mtn tops.

Beautiful hike with great views. We continued on the non-maintained trail to the farther, more chossy hill then turned around. super windy, but plenty of spots to get out of the wind for a few minutes. Busy trail.

This was a great trail- 1.5 hours up and an hour down. Great wildlife sightings including grouse and Dahl sheep.

Saturday, October 08, 2016

Great short hike right in the beginning of the park. I could see Denali peaking over the top of the range. It was a perfect clear day though. I didn't think it was as hard as the reviews say. I'm not in super great shape, but average. Got to the top in an hour and explored further down the range.

Friday, September 02, 2016

Go on a clear day. Saw some baby Cubs playing. I love Alaska !!

Thursday, July 21, 2016

This hike was awesome. It begins relatively easy but gets much more difficult as it gets higher into alpine. It's lightly trafficked and the view from the overlook is breath-taking. A narrow foot trail continues on for another half mile or so but this summit was well worth it and perfectly enough.

Friday, July 15, 2016

Pretty serious climb. but the view from the top is worth it. The trail is open and just about impossible to miss.

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

So beautiful and of course very tough. I would recommend dressing in layers and really push all the way to the top because it will be 100% worth it.

Friday, July 08, 2016

Incredible views of the Park. Better populated if your scared off by bear attacks in the park.

Sunday, July 03, 2016

I did this hike years ago and I remember it was tough! Views are worth it but it is terribly windy at the top. Be prepared for intense elevation gain and some high exposure in places. Definitely recommend hiking poles.

Friday, July 01, 2016

This was a great workout! The incline was wonderfully challenging, and the view made the effort worthwhile. Only regret was not continuing on to the top of Mt. Healy! Will definitely be returning to this one!

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Great view from the top. It gets progressively more difficult.

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Beautiful trail, mostly incline on the way up with little level areas, worth the climb, view at the top is grand.

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Amazing views of the canyon and surrounding mountains.

Monday, July 06, 2015

Steep but well-maintained trail that offers views of the valley at the entrance to Denali National Park.

Friday, June 26, 2015

The trail is doable with time for this 60 + year old and my wife. Bring water and snacks. Some of the pathways were very close to drop offs. Trekking poles were helpful for balance as well as the hike down the steeper trails. Towards the end a moose blocked the way on the trail. We just waited around the bend avoiding line of sight. Eventually the animal headed into the woods. The view on top
is worth the effort.