Mount Healy Overlook Trail

Mount Healy Overlook Trail is a 4.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Talkeetna, Alaska that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until August.

scenic driving

Great hike with amazing views. My four kids ages 4-12 did it with me.

Great, gradual hike with an excellent view. It isn't time consuming and there are several lookout points along the hike for taking breaks. A good family hike.

Start out on the Tiaga trail right at the Visitor's Center which takes you to the Mt Healy Overlook Trail. The first part of the trail winds you through the spruce forest, over a creek and then eventually opens up to the views. When we were there, the mountain was jam-packed with berries, and we stopped many times to sample and rest as we made our way up. The trail was sometimes difficult for us being in our 60s, but there we just rested and drank water along the way. The trail will traverse back and forth until you finally reach the top and are rewarded with beautiful views. You don't need to stop at the top of the trail and can wander around on the mountain top. Wear layered clothing and bring water. We did not experience any bugs, but I always have the bug dope on any hike just in case. This is most enjoyable and I highly recommend to any able bodied person.

Great hike with great views!

Great trail! Stunning views. About a 1-1.5 hour hike up to the top. Highly recommend!

A bit boring until near the top. Then it is great! The park lists this trail as strenuous. I would say it is mildly strenuous. Wildflowers abound!