Mount Healy Overlook Trail

Mount Healy Overlook Trail is a 4.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Talkeetna, Alaska that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until August.

scenic driving

I went up along with my 60 year old friend and I'm in my mid-twenties. Anyone can do this if they take enough breaks! 2 hours up 1 hour down for our trip

Forest and flowers: notice the change in elevation how the foliage shifts. Nice uphill. Great view. Easy return with interconnected trail system near the visitors center to make it a longer walk.

Great trail. Switchbacks most of way up with unbelievable views at the top. Well worth pushing through to get to the top.

Worth the climb! We will be back

Awesome hike with an amazing view at the top! Worth it!

Great hike and beautiful views. Once you get to the top you can travel across a few more mtn tops.

Beautiful hike with great views. We continued on the non-maintained trail to the farther, more chossy hill then turned around. super windy, but plenty of spots to get out of the wind for a few minutes. Busy trail.

This was a great trail- 1.5 hours up and an hour down. Great wildlife sightings including grouse and Dahl sheep.

Great short hike right in the beginning of the park. I could see Denali peaking over the top of the range. It was a perfect clear day though. I didn't think it was as hard as the reviews say. I'm not in super great shape, but average. Got to the top in an hour and explored further down the range.

Go on a clear day. Saw some baby Cubs playing. I love Alaska !!