Mount Baldy Trail

Mount Baldy Trail is a 4.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Eagle River, Alaska that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Once above the plant growth, it starts to climb moderately through somewhat rocky terrain. From the top, one can see a good view of Eagle River Valley and the surrounding mountains.

Breathtaking views. Couldn't have enjoyed this hike more.

We were visiting from Hawaii and did this hike on a clear day and the views were absolutely beautiful!

I took the hard way up on the right. Kind of hard to find the trail, so I went straight up most of it - rather difficult. Coming down the other way through the valley was much easier! Awesome views made it totally worth it! If you go left through the red gate from the trailhead, it would be a somewhat easy hike.

Always love trail. Definitely one of my favorites. Really good for solo hiking. There are usually a lot of people.

Great views! Very steep up and down, more than moderate

loved it

Having never done this trail before, my friend and I were a bit confused by all the unmarked trail turn offs and weren't positive on which ones led to the top. But once we figured it out, it was a great hike. Quite the workout for anyone not used to hiking (or out of shape like us) but perfect for getting your heart rate up for a few hours. The views made it well worth it. Swarms of annoying bugs at the very top though.

steep going uo, steep coming down. Good trail to get your heart pumping and soectacular views from the peak.

some clouds when we started out but it cleared up by mid mountain ... great views of the city, air base, and denali

Lawdy! We hiked this trail on June 21st 2017@10:00pm while on a mission trip in Eagle River Alaska. This trail was 'moderate' to say the least (I about died LOL). My first hiking experience and first time in Alaska. The scenery was absolutely gorgeous. Definitely looking forward to going back and hiking it again now that I have a few more hikes under my belt and in a little better shape :-)