Mount Baldy Trail

Mount Baldy Trail is a 4.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Eagle River, Alaska that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Once above the plant growth, it starts to climb moderately through somewhat rocky terrain. From the top, one can see a good view of Eagle River Valley and the surrounding mountains.

Always love trail. Definitely one of my favorites. Really good for solo hiking. There are usually a lot of people.

Great views! Very steep up and down, more than moderate

loved it

Having never done this trail before, my friend and I were a bit confused by all the unmarked trail turn offs and weren't positive on which ones led to the top. But once we figured it out, it was a great hike. Quite the workout for anyone not used to hiking (or out of shape like us) but perfect for getting your heart rate up for a few hours. The views made it well worth it. Swarms of annoying bugs at the very top though.

steep going uo, steep coming down. Good trail to get your heart pumping and soectacular views from the peak.

some clouds when we started out but it cleared up by mid mountain ... great views of the city, air base, and denali

Lawdy! We hiked this trail on June 21st 2017@10:00pm while on a mission trip in Eagle River Alaska. This trail was 'moderate' to say the least (I about died LOL). My first hiking experience and first time in Alaska. The scenery was absolutely gorgeous. Definitely looking forward to going back and hiking it again now that I have a few more hikes under my belt and in a little better shape :-)

I've done it twice. I'd do it again. Beautiful view the whole way up. It was very challenging my first time, but definitely worth it once I made it to the top! (Not an experienced hiker, so may not be as much of a challenge for everyone else.)

Hiked this yesterday with my wife and oldest daughter. We loved the views and reaching the top was a great reward! I'd love to come back and hike the trail again.

Attempted this hike last weekend. Was super cloudy out so there was no view at all. Trail to the left from the parking lot starts off easy and has a gradual rise. The closer to the peak we got the steeper the climb became. I had to rest more and more. Got to the top and the clouds were coming in more and more. Decided to head back to the car. By the time we got to the parking lot the clouds were starting to break apart and we could see Eagle River. Will try again hopefully soon.

Hiked today. Started off going up the trail to the right. We made it was steep at some points so not really for beginners. Coming down took the other trail which is more gradual and easier walking. Amazing views and a good hike.