Mount Alyeska

Mount Alyeska is a 4.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Girdwood, Alaska that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from June until August.

Great hike overall! I thought it was going to be harder by the reviews.

I mean , expectation was higher but still , not that bad :)

Skiing and Hiking

Great hike! Make sure your shoes have traction because some areas are quite slippery

My wife and I are not experienced hikers. We did this trail and took the tram down(it's free). It was an enjoyable but challenging hike. The trail is very well maintained. It does get continuously steeper as you go. First mile took us 20 minutes, second 1.2 miles took us 50 minutes. For two out of shape people from New Orleans it was a challenge but well worth it.

Awesome views!

When we went hiking on this trail it was a little wet but other than that it was a good time.

Thursday, September 08, 2016

Moderate-to-difficult compared to other trails nearby. Walking up Mt. Alyeska is a 2,300 foot challenge, but the rewards are fantastic! Views of Turnagain Arm, the 7 glaciers of Girdwood Valley, and the Chugach Mountain range. Enjoy the day, and get out and play!