Mount Alyeska

Mount Alyeska is a 4.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Girdwood, Alaska that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from June until August.

1998 feet

Great hike overall! I thought it was going to be harder by the reviews.

I mean , expectation was higher but still , not that bad :)

Skiing and Hiking

Great hike! Make sure your shoes have traction because some areas are quite slippery

My wife and I are not experienced hikers. We did this trail and took the tram down(it's free). It was an enjoyable but challenging hike. The trail is very well maintained. It does get continuously steeper as you go. First mile took us 20 minutes, second 1.2 miles took us 50 minutes. For two out of shape people from New Orleans it was a challenge but well worth it.

Awesome views!

When we went hiking on this trail it was a little wet but other than that it was a good time.

Thursday, September 08, 2016

Moderate-to-difficult compared to other trails nearby. Walking up Mt. Alyeska is a 2,300 foot challenge, but the rewards are fantastic! Views of Turnagain Arm, the 7 glaciers of Girdwood Valley, and the Chugach Mountain range. Enjoy the day, and get out and play!

Tuesday, July 05, 2016

Beautiful hike! Scenery is gorgeous. The trail level itself I would say is pretty easy.

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Gorgeous rainforest walk

Thursday, October 29, 2015

Mostly up at the front end but gorgeous views. Glaciers, the channel, Girdwood: really beautiful. You can get up to the top of the tram.

Thursday, July 04, 2013

Easy trail from the hotel to tram. Tram itself is out of commission.

Friday, May 24, 2013

Nice hike up Alyeska which was manageable for everyone, even my then 8 and 9 year olds. They loved this hike. It was a mysteriously foggy summer day that proved quite fun once reaching the top. We skipped rocks and enjoyed the foggy overlook. It was a nice, quick hike that we took on a whim while out at the Blueberry festival. We would like to do it again on a clear, sunny day.