Matanuska Experiment Farm Loop

Matanuska Experiment Farm Loop is a 9.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Gateway, Alaska that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is good for all skill levels offers a number of activity options.

This loop is set on agricultural research land owned by the University of Alaska Fairbanks. The hiking here is mostly flat with a few forested hills.

Fun and great for the family. I hike this one with my grandchildren.

Pretty cool trail system. I enjoyed the fields and scenic areas. Very easy in my opinion. I would often go there when o wanted to do a quite and easy workout.

It was a beautiful hike. Nice and clear, only a couple small hills. We only did the trail/loop around Johnson Lake.

Nice trail, very level. Really nice that there are checkpoints with maps and directional arrows etc but was still easy to get turned around because not all side trails are on the maps. Still a really nice walk that was quiet.

Really easy walk, pretty views, but super confusing to find the "loop". Lots of trail options and quiet a few people and dogs. Good for days you want an easy walk.