Lost Lake via Primrose Trail

Lost Lake via Primrose Trail is a 13.3 mile out and back trail located near Seward, Alaska that features a lake. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Beautiful views. Lots of off trail scouting.

I'd give it 5 stars, but DAMN the flies were bad. I did Primrose Trailhead to Lost Lake Trailhead point to point, instead of there and back from Primrose. The trail, the views, the lake(s), astonishingly vivid--beyond-real beautiful. The flies on the second sunny day in a rainy summer? Maddening in a real sense of the word.

Plenty of traffic--most hikers overnight near Lost Lake, there were a dozen or so mountain bikers (how do they even?), and a few who did my trip. Good thing, because my ride fell through, and I was able to hitch a lift from the trailhead back to Primrose campground. Thanks guys!!

A favorite for sure!

Thursday, September 15, 2016

Beautiful hike!! Like walking in Scotland

Thursday, September 08, 2016

Amazing!!! Backpacked in and stayed the night at the lake, Northern lights and stars were amazing! Next day hiked past the lake and west down the valley, scrambled up the shale pile to be eye level with a glacier. So perfect!

Friday, July 29, 2016

Probaly the best hike I've ever been on. This trail is actually a loop, so I suggest starting at the lost lake trailhead and ending at the Primrose campground. We camped over night and it was spectacular. We had great weather and the views were to die for. If you do the loop it's 16 miles. Its not very steep which makes it a nice easy hike.

Sunday, July 03, 2016

It's as gorgeous as anything I've ever seen!

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Monday, June 20, 2016

Monday, December 28, 2015

One of the most amazing hikes of my life!

Monday, August 17, 2015

Very nice hike great views.

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Very well maintained trail with stunning views!

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Outstanding!

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Superb hike. Just of note: the trail map here shows the "Primrose" trail, which heads southwards to the lakes (from trail head at mile marker 17) and is not the official "Lost Lake Trail" (which leaves from a trail head off mile marker 5 and travels NORTH to the lake). Both are super. We went in and back out via Lost Lake trail and it was spectacular and memorable. Perfect fall day.

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Great trail for hiking, biking or running. Spectacular views all along the way. Lost Lake was a nice rest and place to cool off in the water. Views of the bay and the mountains were inspiring

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Having this trail at your doorstep is awesome! My wife and i hike this a few times each month during the summer. The lake is the perfect distance from the Lost Lake trail head for an afternoon hike. It is also on of my favorite trails for mountain biking. We have done the full hike through from the Primrose trail head south to the Lost Lake trail head and it is a moderate hike that can be done in a day (6-7 hours.) I have been told that the fishing at the lake isn't bad, but i have yet to give that a try. When you get about 1/3-1/2 way up the trail from the south trail head you can start to see Ressurection Bay.