Lazy Mountain Trail

Lazy Mountain Trail is a 4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Palmer, Alaska that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Great hike. Beautiful view of the butte! Not too long, definitely faster coming down. Don't let the name deceive you, nothing lazy about it. It's steep. The summit is totally worth it though! Bring lots of water and wear decent shoes! If your in the area I'd definitely check it out.

Lazy Mountain is a tough hike, but well worth the effort. The views are stunning. We took the Lazy Moose trail down the mountain. It was beautiful back there.

So beautiful make sure you bring enough water and maybe a snack for the top!

Great views!

Good hike. Went up Lazy Moose trail which was supposed to be easier. Still a challenging hike as it was uphill and more uphill! Less steep after a few miles. Beautiful views even though cloudy!!!

It was fabulous! Nice and hard but not terribly long. It only took about 1 1/2 hours to get to the summit.

Sign posted stating Trail closed due to muddy conditions.

if you're looking for a butt kicker, this is it. I'd probably give it five stars, but when we went it was pretty slushy (mid April). definitely trying this one again in the summer.

super slushy and muddy.

Did this hike today. We went up Lazy Mountain and down Lazy Moose. In the way up - quite a bit of snow and ice. On the way down, was pretty rough with lots of snow and ice. Not much traffic so sometimes hard to find the trail. Wish we just went down Lazy Mountain instead of doing the moose. Saw a small moose.

Crazy Lazy is this Saturday, wish me luck. :D

Lazy Mountain is steep, but the summit is worth it. Great views of the valley and the surrounding mountains. Trail can be a bit treacherous when wet because of the steepness, but I've also heard that it can be really dusty when dry, so choose your poison.

Great trail, great 360 degree viewpoints past the treeline. We took the old trail up and came back down by lazy moose trail. It took us 5 hours to do the roundtrip.

Depending on the weather this could be a very difficult trail. On a average August day I took my 5 year old and my friend's 13 year old up to the top (I would not recommend for the average 5 and 13 year old). Beautiful views and a good challenge. It took us about 6.5 hours round trip.

Really tuff, but man oh man is it beautiful.