Kenai National Wildlife Refuge

Kenai National Wildlife Refuge is a 2.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Soldotna, Alaska that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is best used from April until October.

Did the Centennial trail during mid afternoon. Very easy to follow trail. Beautiful, undisturbed. Plenty of birds & tranquility, didn't see much beyond that. Still, go with a group, lots of "brown/black bear & moose live here" guidance posted.

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Very nice trail with great views and access to the river and you can stay in town but didn't feel like it. First time but I'll definitely be going back.

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Nice trail. Didn't get to dive too deep into the whole loop, but what part we did was nice!

Saturday, April 27, 2013

I remember when this trail was made. It was trail we hiked many times when my kids were learning to walk. Keen Eye is well marked and has an informative guide booklet to use during your walk.

Monday, July 04, 2011

I love these trails for snowshoeing in the winter, close to home and enough hills to give a good workout. Trails are kept in good condition.