Independence Mine Trail

Independence Mine Trail is a 0.5 mile out and back trail located near Palmer, Alaska and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is best used from June until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

historic site

Road was closed, but still a nice hike.

Love this hike. Took an hour to walk and explore the history of the mine.

Thursday, April 13, 2017

Great family sight!

Monday, April 10, 2017

Very easy hike, good for the entire family, amazing views as long as its a clear day. The snow was still packed pretty well so it was easy to walk around, but its getting warmer so plan accordingly. Still a feet of snow up there. Dogs on leashes. There are bathrooms in the parking area and in the mine area. Several trails branch off from the mine area and along the road on the way up. Definitely going back this summer.

Sunday, April 09, 2017

Absolutely stunning. It's pretty easy to see the entire mine, I have a problem with my right hip and I've walked it twice about 3 hours each time. Going back again in two weeks!

Friday, September 16, 2016

great history to view

rock climbing
Saturday, June 27, 2015

My team of two got into some hairy stuff as we blazed off the trail in hopes of making it to the peek...the weather rolled in as we made our way over snow covered boulders, searching for our footing...straddling and crawling over all sizes of rock! Great time...will remember forever!

Monday, September 02, 2013

This was really a beautiful place! When we went there, it was raining, but still we had a great time hiking there. I couldn't stop taking pictures!! If you have time, take a tour. It's only $6 per person, and really informative! They take you inside of the buildings, and tell you how they lived, who lived there. It's worth $6 and the time (one hour).

Wednesday, February 08, 2017