Hatcher Pass Scenic Drive

Hatcher Pass Scenic Drive is a 50.7 mile point-to-point trail located near Palmer, Alaska that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for scenic driving and is best used from July until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Point to Point

scenic driving

Beautiful winter hike up to Summit Lake. Used crampons. Lot of people skiing and snowshoeing. Can’t wait to snowmobile

Very nice scenic drive.

Absolutely beautiful!

scenic driving

Amazing drive, views were incredible. Wish I had a little more time up there, I would have checked out a few trails near the lake. You won't be disappointed.

scenic driving

We took a detour from our drive down to Anchorage, and made this scenic drive. The views of forests, mountains, and creeks are stunning. There are hiking, camping, fishing, and hunting venues all along this drive.

Drove through over spring break up- just as stunning!

love it for a nice easy day.

Saturday, October 08, 2016

beautiful drive, scenic walk and hikes. did it multiple times 2013 thru 2015.

Friday, September 16, 2016

great day drive with several spots to stop and do little hikes!!

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Absolutely beautiful, nice gradual incline

Monday, August 15, 2016

Monday, August 15, 2016

The road getting to the trail is compact dirt, fairly steep, and full of switchbacks. Once you get to the summit (about 3.8k feet above sea level) you can hike the rest of the way up to the peak of the mountain. It's a little challenging towards the top but the absolutely breath taking views are worth it.

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Want incline, scenic views and lots of trail options? Then Hatcher Pass, AK is the perfect place.

Saturday, August 13, 2016

absolutely love this area. It's close to home and yet far enough away. The views are breath taking all year long. You can take your time and take in the view. Well worth your time and energy. My dog loves it year round too. Great place to let your dog run and just play.

Saturday, August 06, 2016

I Really don't know how to rate this. I gave this a 4 star because it was such beautiful scenery once I made it to the top and saw the pond up there. I am over weight and a disabled vet so I did get anxious about the look down because it was in the open. The trail was a dirt path, a little muddy in a few areas and rocks. I saw 8 and 10 year olds going up/down with no problems and so I muscled through my fear and pain. I felt accomplished so that's also in my rating but I can't really give an accurate difficulty level. We had less than an hour to make it up and down because they lock the gate. It was ok for our group because we had a skilled hiker who hustled down, moved the car so I didn't have to rush down.