Harding Ice Field Trail

Harding Ice Field Trail is a 9.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Seward, Alaska that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October.

Beautiful, challenging, rewarding hike with amazing views. Be sure to go beyond the shelter for great views of the ice field.

Niiiiiicceeee

Beautiful hike.

Well worth the effort. Camped at the top. Bring at least 3 liters of water if you're doing the whole trail, especially if the sun is out. There are many streams if you have a filter.

Gruelling hike up and down but well worth every bit of the effort. one of the most amazing and rewarding views in my 66 years on the planet

One of the most beautiful hike in Kenai Pensilvania.

Dang my feet hurt! And my knees! Good thing this was a pretty hike! Saw like 8 marmots!! And the icefield, which was pretty cool too. Sept 11, 2018. 7.5 hr RT.

Spectacular hike! Starts fairly wooded, at the Meadows overlook breaks out into open territory and beautiful alpine meadows. Every stop off provides a beautiful view, so don’t feel shortchanged if you can not make it the entire way up. We climbed to Top of the Cliffs and were rewarded with a beautiful view of the Icefield, glacier, even a black bear grazing on berries about 200 yds away. Plenty of people on the trail but good to bring bug and bear spray just in case. Took about 4 hours round trip, but we took our time and picked raspberries and blueberries along the way :) a must do for anyone visiting the area.

Best hike I ever done !

Amazing views!!!The trail is strenuous, but absolutely worth it.

Honestly, I used to be an avid hiker but I’m currently pretty dang out of shape and was questioning if I should attempt this trail- it was SO worth it!!! Out of all the amazing hikes in different states that I’ve done, I dare say this was my most favorite!! The pictures don’t do it justice! My husband and I took our time and we were both in AWE! So, so worth it. And if you’re questioning if it’s too hard, just know you can do it- doesn’t matter if everyone is passing you on the way up, you will be so amazed by how beautiful the views are.

Difficult but worth it! My husband and I made it down and back in just over 4 hours.
Even during not so ideal weather, the hike was beautiful. If you’re near Seward- this trail is a must!

must see if you’re near Seward

My 6 and 9 year old kids made the entire trail and I couldnt be prouder since it is strenuous for an adult. Views are spectacular and I really enjoyed the wildflowers. So much I bought an identifying guide book.

My favorite part of this hike was the top of the cliffs section. Great views of the glacier and very lush at the end of July. We decided to end our hike with about 20 minutes left to the end of the trail due to crummy weather.

Absolutely stunning views. Bring big spray and trekking poles. Took about 5 hours round trip. Saw a few mountain goat as well.

well maintained trail! it took my friend and i just under 4 hours to complete with hanging at the top for a little. it’s a constant but not severe incline.

Had 4hrs to complete this trail up and down before the last shuttle back to Seward. I accomplished it at a quick, relentless pace with my 40lb pack to boot. Even took a 15 min rest and chat at the little shelter up top. Beautiful trail and a great workout. Most will want to give themselves 5-6hrs minimum based on fitness and whether it’s a leisure hike.

Amazing. Made it to the shelter and the fog settled in. Beautiful views and well groomed trail. The meadows were amazing with flowers in bloom. Saw Marmots but no bears. Last part of trail we slagging through some snow but trail well marked. Shelter was very cool and we stopped the hike there as fog was too thick to see much beyond. Blue ice glaciers were massive and very picturesque. Saw some people hiking on Exit Glacier which was cool to see. Not too many people. Would recommend anytime.

it was completely cloudy so you couldn't see anything higher than Marmot meadow, but the views we did have were really nice and the trail was nice as well

Been to 55 National parks in 6 different countries. This trail is in the top 5. Only issue was quite a bit of loose snow hiking near the end but definitely worth the effort

One of my favorite trails yet! Very well kept, challenging yet plenty of scenic flat parts. Went to the top of the cliffs and it took about 4 hours.

Switchback, switchback, oh wait another switchback.... this is beautiful if you have the stamina to go the whole way. Got rained on but overall it’s as perfect as everyone says it is.

Epic hike with my daughter on July 15, 2018. We made Summit and it was worth the steady and steep uphill trek. Once we hit the storm cabin we moved on to the epic summit where the views were heavenly. Definitely good to carry bear spray. We started at 10 am and it was very light traffic. By 4 pm when we were making our decent there were a lot of people. One of the best hikes ever. Layers are recommended as we went from warm woods to cold snowy mountain sides. Suggestion-
Make it to the summit!!!

Amazing trail. Intense boulders but worth it!

Incredible hike- one of best I’ve done. The views of the glacier were better than anything I did at Banff. Absolutely a must to do in Alaska.

We went about 3 miles in, little past the glacier overlook. Did not go past mostly bc it was very cold at that point and getting late- would have liked to continue to the end. If you do, be aware you are hiking up area with snow and it gets very slippery, hiking poles are a big help

The elevation picked up fast but it was worth the view from the top of the cliff!

Only made it to Marmot Meadows but it was a gorgeous view of Exit glacier

It is a strenuous hike. We started off with ranger led hike till Marmot meadows since we weren’t sure of bear encounters. But looks like there was no need to worry; this was a heavily trafficked trail. This part of the trail is well covered though lot of bugs. After this the trail opens up completely up till the summit. The views of the icefield were phenomenal. There were a lot of snow patches that we had to cross and hiking sticks are recommended. We made it in 6 and half hours including time spent at the summit. Start early as it gets really hot when crossing the snow patches!

Beautiful sunny day! Well manicured steep trail! Great views. Stopped at the Meadows.