Gold Mint Trail

Gold Mint Trail is a 13.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Fishhook, Alaska that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Following the west bank of the Little Susitna River to its source in the Mint Glacier Valley, the Gold Mint Trail is relatively easy, but steepens into a glacier-rimmed valley toward the end.

Beautiful trail! My first real hike in a little long time (nope not saying how long). My avid hiker girlfriend and I settled for a total of 6.2 miles. I know she was wanting to do more, but I was thinking I still need to hike back so we turned around. Sure felt good to sit in our truck! No so much getting out of it. Lol. First of many beautiful hikes in Alaska for us!! Well groomed trail!

Almost die. do not do this hike.

skiing

My mom and I cross country ski on the trail every winter. It’s very easy and long which makes for a good workout. The parking is nice and spacious.

Great family hike. Lakes along the way. We didn’t make it all the way, but did 6 miles and the kids loved it. Steady traffic. We didn’t see any wildlife, but I would always recommend being prepared for it. Beautiful views. Minimal mosquitoes. Trail was mostly dry.Some mud spots and some spots where you had to cross small portions of water flowing over, still easy for kids with no adult assistance.

Enjoyed the hike but turned around about mile 4.5. The trail was very muddy and mucky. The other hiker did not have waterproof boots on.

Regardless, the scenery was lovely and the weather was perfect.

6-8-2018 attempted to get back to the hut. muddy, snowy and wet after mile 3. made it to mile 6 when I decided to turn around due to an abundance of snow and flowing streams under the snow. will reattempt when it dries out a bit!

Went with 5 kids ages 2-18. Teens loved it, little kids rode most of the way. Only made it in about 2 miles before it was too muddy to go on. Dog enjoyed it but it was a bit too much for his 5 month old legs. Would love to do it again when there’s less mud.

one of my favorites! If I ever want to go on a hike and I'm not sure what I want to do, this is where I go. I don't think I've ever hiked more than 10 miles around trip, so I've never made it to the end, but some day I will!

I used to go snowshoeing on this trail all the time, back when the Mother Lode was nearby. The summer is also gorgeous but can be muddy with mosquitoes

We went about 2 miles out and came back. The pup isn’t ready for an all day hike yet but it was peaceful. Bring sunscreen, with snow on the ground there wasn’t much shade. Would love to go back when all the snow melts.