Gasline, Rock Meadow, Blueberry Hollow, White Spruce

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(17)
Chugach State Park

Gasline, Rock Meadow, Blueberry Hollow, White Spruce is a 4.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Anchorage, Alaska that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is best used from April until October.

Distance: 4.3 miles Elevation Gain: 620 feet Route Type: Loop

icy

I made the mistake of going counterclockwise which is mostly just “up” for a mile or so with no epic views. I ended the hike early when I neared the left turn off from Gasline. I met a lynx! Yep, a huge lynx walked back and forth and back across the path like it was its job or something. I’ll come back when his shift is over :)

Found myself wading through high grass during the blueberry portion of the trail and was soaked from the chest down. Other than that a nice leisurely hike.

I would rate this more as Easy than Moderate, but it really is peaceful and beautiful. Once you get into the woods and meadow parts you’ll get great views of the surrounding peaks. The evergreens really make the woods smell nice. Moose definitely spend time here (you’ll see spots where they’ve flattened the grass) but I didn’t see any today.

Lovely views, changing tundra, easy elevation, and I saw some moose too! Great walk!

Mon Dec 31 2018

My favorite and almost private trail to enjoy cross country skiing