Flattop Mountain Trail

Flattop Mountain Trail is a 3.4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Anchorage, Alaska that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

1 minute ago

Popular trail, nice trail. Not extremely strenuous. More moderate than hard

Amazing views and a heart pumping hike. I made the mistake of not bringing water... do not make that mistake!!! Also another helpful tip, wear clothes you don't mind getting dirty, as there is a lot of climbing once you get closer to the top. This was my first mountain I climbed and it was definitely not easy, but do-able for most people. Also wear good shoes, because there is a lot of gravel and if you don't have shoes with grip, you will fall. Best in the summer time, for sure. Happy trails! :)

Amazing hike. Top was a lot of rock climbing but definitely worth the view!

Amazing hike. Top was a lot of rock climbing but definitely worth the view!

Always a wonderful hike but I wouldn't say it was particularly difficult. All said and done an experienced hiker will cruise up and down with ease. Older hikers and dogs please rest at bench "picnic" area just past halfway up.

A nice route, but nothing too special. Most of the trail is an easy walk, and the part near the summit is a bit more challenging.

It is probably a nice first hike in Alaska (it was my first hike here), but not super outstanding.

Hiked up the back trail. It was intense. Very steep and had to do some boulder climbing at one point but definitely worth it when we made it to the top. The view was spectacular. We went across the ridge and came down a different trail down the back side of the mountain that was much easier than the one we climbed up. What a great way to end our vacation in Alaska! So glad we did it!

it is a very easy hike