Fishook Trail (Marmot Mountain)

Fishook Trail (Marmot Mountain) is a 2.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Palmer, Alaska that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Dirt trail straight up the mountain. Slipped and fell 4 times on the way down. Don't do this trail during or after rain, it will be a slip n slide. I did it dry and it was bad enough. Should have been listed as moderate rather than easy in my opinion, but I kind of knew what I was getting into since I had looked at the topo map. Nice view from the top however. It's 1 mile to the first peak and 0.5 miles from there to the second peak.

Amazing once you get through the crowd of people at the beginning picking berries. Pretty steep all the way up. Once at the top, the trail continues along the ridge where you can see everything!

Ranks as one of the steepest hikes that I’ve been on. Too bad the cloud ceiling was so low that I couldn’t see anything. I’m guessing that the views would have been outstanding.

Saturday, September 10, 2016

Very cool spot, especially when the clouds are low. I found no trail here though. The marker just leads to a random point just before independence mine.

Tuesday, September 05, 2017