Byers Lake Trail

Byers Lake Trail is a 4.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Talkeetna, Alaska that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is best used from May until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

out and back day trips. seen some blue grouse lots of huckleberry when in season. a beautiful day here.

A great trail that is well marked and maintained. However be aware of the bugs in the summer. We managed to escape with few bites without bug nets by using off deep woods wipes every 20-30 minutes and 100% deet spray. We were also warned that bears can be especially frequent on this trail.

Nice trail until you get to the far side of the lake where brush overgrows the path a bit. Bring bug spray - mosquitoes are in full force. We walked on a cloudy day, so views of mountains somewhat obscured. Map says 5.3 miles but most in our group said it seemed longer than that.

So many bugs! This may be my own preference but I’m going to stay away from still bodies of water. It is a nice, well-maintained trail with lots of proximity to the water but for a gal that hates bugs like I do, I hiked about 15 minutes before I turned around. Also, weirdly close to recreational stuff. I felt like I was walking through people’s picnics.

Nice easy hike. Buggy but that's Alaska.

Magical hike around the lake. Denali was visible all day. Really nice backcountry camping spots halfway in, with raised platforms for tents. We took the Cascade trail (.3 miles) just off the main trail and saw a wonderful waterfall.

Trailhead signage says it’s 5.3 miles.

We stopped on the way back from our trip to the National Park. Incredible walk around a fantastic lake. I took some incredible pictures of the mountain range behind the lake. It’s a flat walk. However there are many tree branches to maneuver. There are some picnic tables on the far end of the lake. We enjoyed watching others canoe while we walked. There were a few areas where the lake was not visible from the walking path. Great trail.

5.3 mile loop around the lake many good views.

Camped overnight here...awesome place & hike... as we were rounding the lake near the second bridge where the trail starts to get overgrown we came upon 2 black bear cubs..one was swimming in the lake ... they both ran off but be aware of bears!..

Sunday, July 30, 2017

Nice trail- a little more than 4.7 miles. Beautiful views when skies are clear. Nice camping spots for those that want to camp. Kayak rental spot in summer. Would be great for families.

Monday, July 03, 2017

Nice hike but my gps recorded 5,6 miles

Monday, June 05, 2017

Nice little walk. Beautiful day!

Thursday, May 11, 2017

Beautiful views of McKinley!

Monday, August 01, 2016

love this very easy lake hike. On a clear day Denali is easily seen on the south face of the lake.

Friday, August 12, 2011

Beautiful Lake! The trail goes all the way around this lake, which is in an Alaska Stae Park. It is really pretty, and we saw lots of signs of wildlife, although we only saw a red squirrel and lots of small fish jumping out of the water on the bridge. We only went half way around then back the way we came because the trail lloked unused and we wanted to stay on the more traveled trails. We were the only people we saw on the trail that day.

Saturday, July 15, 2017