Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Blueberry Loop is a 1.5 mile loop trail located near Anchorage, Alaska. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.5 miles Elevation Gain: 324 feet Route Type: Loop

Great place to take the littles. Still a few snow patches along part of the trail, and muddy in others, but overall in great shape. We went early in the day so it was slightly windy and overcast, but appeared to be better as we finished at 11am and the parking lot was full when we left. Perfect for overlooking the entire city and getting some family shots.

fee

Great easy trail. Steep in the beginning but gets easier. Only thing I don’t like is irresponsible dog owners. Don’t leash their dogs and don’t pick up after their dogs. Annoying. Besides that great views.

Amazing sunset views over the city. Go left of the loop instead of right- that way you complete the loop looking out to the city.

icy

Very windy with hard snow.

icy

Great views!

Very easy hike with beautiful views. The only cons are that parking can get full quickly and for half the hike we could smell dog poop all along the trail. Wish the dog owners would show a bit more respect for the trail.

Excellent trail near Anchorage

Beautiful walk. If you take the right path instead of the left, there are decent sized hills. But overall beautiful scenery. Went for 4th of July and the trails where packed with people. Really sunny with little shade so make sure to either cover up or sunblock.

Fairly easy walk. It was raining and the trail is well marked. Friendly people. Beautiful scenery.

Tue May 21 2019

Super easy quick trail. Still a bit of snow 5/20 but manageable without cleats. Lovely and windy. Lots of dog poop- no trash cans. Outhouses appear open for business too.

Fri May 17 2019

And excellent trail affording lots of beautiful views. Great climbing area as well. Sometimes the trail was a little ambiguous and hard to find, but over all truly a delightful trail.

Sun May 12 2019

Mon Apr 15 2019

Wed Apr 03 2019

Tue Sep 11 2018

Beautiful in fall with all the red bunch berry (?) ! We walked this to get to and from Flattop Mtn.

Wed Aug 29 2018

Loved this hike! Easy to get turned around with all the side paths but the views are breathtaking! We have a 3.5 year old walking it and wore the baby!

Tue Jul 31 2018

I absolutely loved this trail!!! I took my Bumbleride IndieTwin double stroller and my 20 MO twins along with my other children ranging 4 to 13. It was so easy for all of us once we figured out which way to go. There are plenty of little side trails. It is hard to not hike this hike and become addicted or crave going and exploring more of those side trails!! Saw a moose and her calf. Plenty of gorgeous flowers to see. I’m so ready to go back and hike the rest by myself! This is a perfect hike/walk with small children!

Sun Jul 22 2018

Nice hike with beautiful mountain and city views. A very nice alternative to Flattop if you don’t want to do a big climb. Trail is hard find as there is not much signage to it and there are lots of side trails. Use the map inside this map to stay on track.

Sat Apr 21 2018

This is a great easy hike on the same trail as Flattop mountain. After the initial climb onto the hill, you will have great views of Anchorage on clear days. There are several options for different hikes in the area from the parking lot. This is a very busy tourist area in the summer time so plan accordingly. It does cost money to park.

Thu Mar 22 2018

This was my first hike in Alaska. Went on a mostly clear day and had some really pretty views. Could see the city. I didn’t bring my dog but could have. Not too steep.