Bird to Gird Pathway

Bird to Gird Pathway is a 12.9 mile lightly trafficked point-to-point trail located near Indian, Alaska that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

beach

This trail is a large paved path about the width of one lane of a road that runs along the highway. I would consider this to be an easy trail. Good for kids biking. It is pretty exposed so wind can be a real problem (brrrr), but the exposure does provide some gorgeous views of the Cook Inlet! I wouldn’t call this a “hike”, more like a walk.

Enjoyable walking or biking, but can be very windy

This is a paved trail with restrooms and stopping points. I bring my dogs on this trail and keep them leashed at all times. There are a few bikes that use this amazing trail and you don’t want your dog getting ran over. I pick this trail up at Bird Point right off the Seaward. 8 miles to Girdwood.

Friday, August 23, 2013

Completed a trail ride on my mountain bike from Glen Alps Trailhead up Powerline Pass, over the pass and down the backside into Indian Valley. I am not positive that this trail is the one we were on for the back portion of the trip as there was not any trail marking or signage. It was an awesome ride from the pass to Indian with larger rocks, gravel, and some scree on steep angled trail with switchbacks. Trail was pretty well maintained, we did find a large gully near the bottom of the descent which we had to avoid not to ride into full speed. After the downhill we rode through small creeks and drainages on the way to the road/highway destination.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

between anchorage and girdwood so it's a short drive from either location. very serene, awesome hiking conditions. reminds you alaska is a choice location to live.