Bird Ridge Trail

Bird Ridge Trail is a 4.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Indian, Alaska that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Trail is currently closed due to black bear attack & death of a teen on 6/18/17.

Love this trail. I would rate it more than moderate due to the constant slope. No scrambling required, but this really stretched my legs well.

Bird Ridge was a gorgeous hike! My friend and I used trekking poles that definitely helped going down. Be prepared for false peaks. Once you get on the Ridge it gets easier ish. Peak 3 is where the survey monument.

Not for beginners or kids. This was our first trail to try after moving to Alaska, and the moderate to difficult rating for this trail leaned more on the difficult side for us. We made it about a mile and a half up before turning back (two adults with four kids). The views are amazing, but the false summits sufficed for us today.

Lots of highway noise from treeline, starts disapating towards top. Make sure to wear sunscreen, this trail is pretty exposed!
Make sure to explore some of the ridgeline behind the geodetic survey marker.

This trail will definitely test you if you are not that experienced, well worth the views though! My first hike in Alaska and it was an incredible experience!

Hard hike but keep going all the way to the top- so worth it!

This Trail was challenging but ohhhhhh my !!!! the sites where breathe taking!!! Alaska is just so darn beautiful!!!! It starts off steep and doesn't stop!! I'm not in the best of shape, but taking breaks was a must and I made it. I met a few people up and the conversations where great. There are they say 5 different fake summits, i believe we made to one lol. Huffing and puffing you will do, I was sweating buckets. But still kept going strong. It started to rain and get a bit windy so we headed back down. It's a good day hike and with this Trail I would advice to start really early to make it to the main Summit. But again I would hike it. Great workout going up and especially coming down!!! If you having walking sticks hoooooorayyyyy!!! They saved my life!! Happy Hiking & More Adventures⛰⛰

5.3.17 Kyle 3hrs

This hike was challenging and rewarding. The evelvation gain was no joke and it definitely felt like more than 2.5 miles to the top. The views from the summit are spectacular and well worth the climb. Going down the trail was rough on my knees with very little switchbacks. You go down the same steep trail you ascended on. Bring water and energizing food to complete this challenging hike!