Angel Rocks Trail is a 3.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Fairbanks, Alaska that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Super nice small hike with a great view at the top especially if you're adventurous enough to climb the rock faces to a higher view. Finished this hike back in June of last year. Definitely recommend this hike to everyone, child to adult. Keep it real

Easy but beautiful hike! River and ridge views.

Very rewarding hike. It’s moderately difficult especially if you aren’t in shape, but it’s worth it. The view was spectacular. Would definitely hike this trail again.

This trail is spectacular! It is an easy 3.5 miles, feasible in 2-3 hours depending on your pace and stops. The trail can be a little muddy after a rain so check your weather or bring good boots. This trail should not be confused with the “Chena Nature” trail which is 8 miles and goes to the Chena hot springs. Parking is $5. There are optional rock climbs ranging from easy to dangerous so watch your kids. I noticed several dogs roaming free off the leash with their owners in proximity. Did not see any animals other than a few small birds and one squirrel (September 29). There are only two places to eat within a 20 mile radius. The first is Chena Hot Springs Resort ($$$) and the second is a small restaurant about 5 miles west on the main road ($$). Hope this helps!

Awesome hike! Did this trail with my wife and son (in a baby carrier) and my wife’s parents. Took us about 2 hours with some breaks for pictures and taking in the views.

Trekking poles wouldn’t be a bad idea for the ascent to Angel Rocks and for the descent as well. We are somewhat newer hikers and found this trail to be moderate. It wasn’t terrible but there were some parts of the trail where the grade was making us sweat a little!

All in all, awesome trail. Would definitely do it again!

If you do the whole loop i would say it is more of an intermediate hike. We also did it when it was raining and the trail had wet leaves everywhere. Trekking poles are a nice thing to have when doing the ascent/descent to and from angel rocks. Kid friendly for maybe 4/5 year olds. Toddlers would have too hard of a time. I’m glad we brought the backpack for my son, who just turned two. If you are thinking about turning around at the first viewpoint, don’t! My husband made us push through and I’m glad he did. The views from up there were amazing.

This trail is gorgeous! Definitely steep in areas but the views are incredible and so worth it! We also hiked part of granite tors and Angel Rocks was definitely my favorite by far.

What a great hike! Beautiful views. Not a hike for those with knee problems. I was pleased I had my trekking poles. Make sure you do the loop and not just the out-and-back.

I've been hiking this trail for years, and am never disappointed. The trail is steep in places (up to 52% grade), and can be hard to follow at the top. Awesome views are seen shortly after starting to climb.

Fun hike, very rewarding views at the top. There were quite a few people on a nice August day, but I didn’t feel too crowded. Definitely worth the drive from Fairbanks!

Loved this trail! We did it while I was pregnant. Beautiful views

In town from Alabama and found this trail. Great hike, awesome views. Did the whole loop and thoroughly enjoyed myself. There were quite a few people, but it never felt crowded. Worth the drive from Fairbanks. Highly recommend.

This was a steep hike, but definitely worth the cardio workout! The rock formations and views from the top were unbelievable! There is some opportunity to do some rock scaling to truly take in the scenery from the pinnacle. Definitely recommend bringing bug spray for the hike on the way down (at least during the summer).

Great trail

this was a really good workout. the view was amazing. never really over crowded. the trail was really easy to follow.

fun hike really easy to head off to Chena hotsprings on accident

this trail was a really good workout, lots of great views, but the loop back was poorly marked. I would certainly hike it again, just being more aware.

Awesome trail! Amazing views from the top of the rock outcroppings. Only con was the lack of trail markers which would have been helpful at points as many people have made their own offshoots that can add confusion.

Have done this trail more than a few times both during winter and summer months. The trail scenery is nice no matter what time of year!

I do this hike usually at least once a year, and it is a great one to bring visitors on—and then go for a soak in the hot springs afterward. As of May 16th, the snow is mostly gone. I was originally planning to continue on to the springs, however there is a lot of snow yet on the higher elevations. There are getting to be some pretty deep washout channels near the top. If you are looking for an early-season, mostly dry hike then Angel Rocks will fit the bill. Bring insect repellent.

Great trail, even during the early season! Great stream views and awesome free climbing and panoramic views at the top. Plus, the Chena hot springs are just 15 minutes down the road which is a great way to finish the day after a hike.

This hike was beautiful. I hiked it 5/4/18 and there was still a lot of snow everywhere. Wear good water proof/traction shoes and make sure to wear pants that cover the ankles otherwise when you sink in the snow, you will have wet feet along the way. Once we got closer to the top it was easier because it was more rocky than slushy but some areas getting back down were muddy. Just watch your step and follow the least resistant path. The view was breath taking. I’ll definitely hike this trail again.

was a little slippery due to snow melt, but had an overall good time. Only issue with the trail are some of the people you will meet while hiking. A lot of people do not pick up after their dogs and some do not leash them either.

the dogs and I love this trail.. it's close but, far enough away. it's on the shorter side but, it's still a good work out

it's like I'm a kick-ass Billy goat jumping across all the rock formations. Love this trail.

Friday, November 24, 2017

I’ve done this loop several times and done the main vertical as part of a larger ultra-marathon as well. I enjoy it every time. Mosquitoes can get a little gnarly during the summertime, but if you keep moving you’ll be just fine! From the top of the trail, you can access a trail that eventually leads to Chena Hot Springs, if that’s your cup of tea...

Monday, October 02, 2017

This trail is so beautiful, especially right after fall... during like the first snow fall! If you're a decent hiker you should be okay! Be careful on the rocks! But you should def. try and get that all natural high from climbing them! Totally worth it.

Thursday, September 14, 2017

The trail was nice I would do it again.

Sunday, September 10, 2017

Beautiful trail with plenty of viewing of the river and Angel rocks. Highly recommend a trip to the hot springs afterward to soak any sore muscles. Loved it!