Walls of Jericho Trail is a 6.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Scottsboro, Alabama that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

cave

Definitely agree with others, my watch clocked this trail just under 8 miles in and out from the Alabama side. The water is really flowing right now with all the rain.
My cell lost service on the backroads so would recommend don’t stop your map app while driving if you’re unfamiliar with the area.

Really nice hike, I’d suggest the TN trailhead as it will be less traffic and more solitude than the AL trailhead. I will caution that there is a segment of the trail that was created in 2006 and where the trail connects with the AL trail that is not well blazed especially during the year when the trail is covered in leaves still.

This was a tough trail to me, but very worth it. Had to cross water at the end of the trail to see the payoff. Also had to climb over a rock ledge. You’ll know when you get to the very end so keep going. It’s amazing. Take snacks and drinks.

Great trail!! I hiked this one back in the summer although was kinda disappointed once I got to the water fall. It was almost the end of summer and we haven't had a lot of rain in the area so there really wasn't a water fall to view. Recommend time to go is after a good rain or in the spring. if you do decided to go in the summer I recommend packing plenty of water and food for your hike.

One of those trails that you just have to see in person. It’s a long hike so do take some protein and water but well worth it! Low traffic so we enjoyed the trail to ourselves mostly.

Loved it!

Did this trail twice. First time was a mistake. I entered the horse trail, not the hiking trail. The horse trail is more than twice as long as the hiking trail. I had to turn around at one point just to make sure I got out of there before dark, because I didn't bring a lot of gear. When I finally went back and did the hiking trail, it was the hike of a lifetime. Its amazing. There are a few little campsites along the way and a very old small cemetery. One gravestone is in good condition and they apparently died in 1860. 10/10 would recommend.

I went after tons of rain, and I’m so glad I did! It was super muddy from the cemetery to the falls, so I would definitely recommend at least one trekking pole.

Once you get to the creek and see the falls and think you can’t go any further, put on some water shoes, cross the river, and keep going up.

Took my 26 pound dog and he loved it.

What a nice surprise!

My GPS clocked 8.25 miles and I went all the way to the top of the falls.

Fun day trip! Great scenery. Listened to other reviews and climbed the ledge at the pool and found the beginning of the falls. Well worth the climb.

We love this trail. Very muddy and slippery on the last mile to the falls tough climb back out. But overall an awesome hike we plan to return when dry
My GPS. Recorded 8 miles round trip and took 6 hrs spent about an hour at the falls.

God out did himself with this little treasure of land and water!!!!

SO COOL. The key is to keep going once you get to the little waterfall bit and rocky pool at the end, which is like the head of the little river you follow for the middle third. With a FUN rock scramble, you can climb up to see the crashing waterfall!! Must do that!!

Otherwise, decent hike. Only “hard” because it’s muddy and rocky for that middle third, and the ascent (return hike) is pretty long. Pretty area. We went in winter and are pretty active folks.

Great hike!
You can do it!!
Take your time! Beautiful!!

Really great trail in the winter after the rain. During the summer the creek dries up. I would suggest taking the Tennesee trailhead as it is easier and offers better scenery. It can still be tough but well worth the trek!

Nice hike. Plenty of camping spots. Springs coming right out of the hills. Not sure why it’s rated as hard? Maybe people get hurt.
Be careful! It’s slippery in spots.

started on the Tennessee side today. the trek down is marked really well until you reach Alabama. be aware that the trail markers change.

Drought was the best

Awesome hike! Very challenging, but the payoff is fantastic.

Gorgeous falls!

Cool waterfall and small canyon at the end. The first part of the trail isn't too exciting, but the fall colors are pretty. Took us 3.5 hours including 20-30 min at the falls

Beautiful vistas and great trails.

Fun hike but out and back was closer to 8.5 miles, not 6.6....Very muddy towards the end. Cemetery is creepy too.

Definitely difficult terrain, especially the last portion near the river. Fallen leaves cover slippery mud, tree roots and rocks. I wish I had a walking stick! Trail isn’t marked well in some areas. However, it might be our age? We were passed a few times by younger hikers that were almost skipping down the trail!

Great hike if you want to wonder why the hell you aren’t back to your car yet for a couple miles. Rocks near the bottom are super slick and could make for a sore buttocks so be careful. Decent views. Easy in, hard out.

Hiked the trail past few days...any Lost And Found?

Such a beautiful trail. The waterfall was dry but the view was still very worth it. Pictures just don't do it justice. Make sure if you plan it as a day hike to get there with 6 hours of daylight at least. Definitely planning on coming back in the summer for a few days camping.

Nice well marked trail with good scenery. The return hike is just about all uphill. It was pretty hard, but well worth the trip.

beautiful place! loved it and my hiking team loved the challenge.

Fabulous trail well marked for the experienced hiker. Trails were well maintained. Absolutely beautiful scenery.