cave

Not gonna lie, this trail is tough. Deserves the hard rating. The description says the trail is 6.6 miles, but my tracker says it was 8.8 miles. It’s not a loop trail, you go up the same way you come down. The initial descent is easy, but it was completely uphill on the way back. I felt like it would never end and we would never get there. Make sure you bring more than enough water. I brought a filled 17 oz bottle and four regular sized water bottles, and that wasn’t enough. I would bring 6-8 bottles. The elevation gain is intense on the way back up. You should probably be in fairly good shape to hike this trail. I would go in the fall because it was really hot during the summer. Also, wear bug spray. Bugs are flying around you just about every second you’re hiking. And while going down the trail you walk into spiderwebs pretty much the whole time. Some of it is overgrown, so I’d be sure to check yourself and others for ticks when you get done. The views were decent, but not the best. It was just an okay hike, not really worth it in my opinion.