USS Alabama Historical Trail

easy 11 reviews

USS Alabama Historical Trail is a 0.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Mobile, Alabama that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 0.1 miles Elevation Gain: 0 feet Route Type: Out & Back

historic site

This is definitely not a trail. It’s a historically rich site and the grounds (with tanks, helicopters, etc) are accessible for park admission only. Not much else to see on the park grounds, but overlooks the bay (and battleship) so you can have a nice picnic or something. To go onboard the battleship & submarine, you need to pay the additional museum entry fee.

The walk is flat and it's more about the Battle Ship tour. There are other planes, tanks and even a submarine to look at. Don't forget to check out the Memorial Wall, I still get goosebumps when I visit. U.S.A Pete

The fee is worthwhile, and although the marked "trail" here seems short, I logged 3 miles on my fitbit. I earned my master's degree from the School of the Art Institute of Chicago, specializing in public art, so I took time to walk around the entire area and take in the history and sculptures. My service dog and I LOVED the combination of AllTrails and public art!

Tue Jul 31 2018

Not an actual trail but it is an incredible experience to tour a battleship and learn about the history and see how it operated.

Thu Jan 18 2018

I don't known I would consider this a "trail." Spend the admission fee to explore the battleship, submarine and hanger. Well worth it. Tons of photo opportunities while learning about the US Navy and the role the battleship and submarine played in WWII. Many of the aircrafts in the hanger were on loan from the Pensacola Naval Air Mueseum so I am sure these are always changing so you will not likely see all the same artifacts and aircrafts every time. The only reason I did not give tgis 5 stars is because this was not a true trail to me and the real fun starts after paying for admission.

Tue Jun 06 2017