Tom Bevill Interpretive Trail

Tom Bevill Interpretive Trail is a 3.7 mile loop trail located near Albertville, Alabama and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

Nice loop trail with easy access. Nice views of the lake, and rock structure.

The park's map mileage is off, listing this as 3.1 miles. My Garmin tracked it at 4.1. It's moderately marked well, with a few turns leading to a bit of confusion. Still, this was an enjoyable hike with some elevation. My 9 year old son enjoyed it and had no problems.

Sunday, April 24, 2016

My husband and I hiked this trail together. We are in our 50s and overweight but we managed to make it. Some parts were difficult but we survived and enjoyed it. We had no problem staying on the trail. We just followed the paint markings on the trees.

Saturday, December 05, 2015

Sunday, November 08, 2015

This trail is obscured in many areas due to trees down from lingering tornado damage, and the trail junctions are unclear, resulting in my following animal trails accidentally instead of the real trail. I took 2 dogs, and while we completed the loop around the island, we weren't on the trail for about 70% of the hike, it wasn't without a fair amount of difficulty. I had to lift my oldest of my large dogs over many tree trunks.

Monday, September 21, 2015

I did this trail today and was very disappointed. It is not maintained very well hard to even tell where the trail is in some parts.

Thursday, June 26, 2014

I love this trail. Lots of ups and downs. A solid moderate level trail. This is a great trail for conditioning for a backpacking trip.

Friday, January 06, 2012