Stone Cuts Trail

Stone Cuts Trail is a 2.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Brownsboro, Alabama that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This hike provides some really views of the north end of Monte Sano State Park and the east side of Monte Sano Mountain.

Trail is very well marked as are all trails in Monte Sano Park. The cuts are beautiful, lots of i cycles when we hiked it a couple of weeks ago. Also saw three whitetail deer as an added bonus. Trail has some vertical to it but overall leans towards the easy side. Great hike!

Great

Really fun trail!

great hike, my daughter's had a blast

Great Trail. You have to access the Stone Cuts trail via the Sinks Trail, which I did not understand prior to embarking. I spent my childhood in the woods riding four wheelers and camping; but only recently began hiking as a hobby. The Stone Cuts were really awesome and not that difficult for my 60 year old parents, my nearly 3 year old daughter, and myself to navigate and "conquer." Next time I travel back home to Huntsville, I believe it will be a lot of fun to embark on the other trails on Monte Sano and the surrounding area. And thank you to all the reviewers who provided information on the trail(s).

A nice 2 mile easy/moderate walk. We did NOT do the entire loop. After walking through Stone Cuts Trail (main section of cool rocks/ledge) we returned looped back around by taking the Stone Cuts Bypass.

Tip:
Stark at parking lot.
Head north east on the Sinks Trail.
Pass the Mountain Mist Trail crossing.
At the next intersection (three benches) take a left (away from Goat Trail). You will see the sign for Stone Cut Trail about 20 yards away.

Had a little bit of everything. Moderate workout. Despite holiday weekend we only saw one other hiker. And.. it has caves. Coolness.

One of my favorites within this great state park!

Cool rock formations

A pleasant surprise given the relative tameness of Monte Sano. Walking though the caves and along the bottom the cliffs is what every adventurer lives for. If you find this trail, you'll spread the word and tell your friends.
Rock climbing here is a challenge, as there are some opportunities for some good climbing, but be warned. There are many loose rocks, and a lot of vegetation. I spent about 6 hours here one day climbing from the bottom of the cliff, and found dozens of places to test my limits. No ropes required, but it is high enough that you'll be badly injured if you fall.
This will give you an idea of the kind of area it is. I went out for a weekend hike here, and when I arrived at about 11 in the morning, there was a small group of 20-somethings getting high up on top of one of the cave roofs.

I was surprised that there was a $5 parking fee so i don't know I'll go back to do this hike. As cool as the Stone Cuts portion of the hike was, there are so many other awesome trails around I can use at no cost.

Two portions of Stone Cuts actually take you through darkish tunnels which I call Hell No Holes 1 and 2. I'd have enjoyed that portion of the hike better if I wasn't hiking alone.

I also hiked Panther Knob Trail to Keith Trail. A lot of Panther Knob Trail was over grown and I had to guess my way a couple of times but having the app was helpful in making sure I didn't get lost.

We enjoy this hike regularly with the family. Easy to moderate. Some areas are technical but I would say it favors the easier side.

Not a bad hike and all the trails are well marked for the most part. Once at the cuts its a neat place that everyone will enjoy walking through and around.

Much biodiversity on this trail. Wonderful rock formations.

had just recently rained the night before so very muddy

Nice, our boys had a blast climbing on all the rock cliffs.

So much fun, and not hard! Very pretty!

Hidden gem!!!!!

Sunday, February 12, 2017

This is a hidden treasure inside monte sano park!!