South Plateau Loop

South Plateau Loop is a 3.3 mile loop trail located near Huntsville, Alabama. The trail is good for all skill levels offers a number of activity options.

My tripod dog and I did this and had a great time. It was very easy for both of us and gave him a couple of places to splash in shallow water. We ran into other hikers, runners, and bikers.

Beautiful views.

Its a fairly boring trip. Not much to see and most views are covered by trees unless you do it during the winter months. Worth it if you are in Huntsville area, but I wouldn't drive to see this trail

beautiful hike on Thanksgiving, nice views . can't wait to get back

It was a very nice hike. Perfect time of year for seeing colorful leaves. Course was just what we were looking for to start off hiking. We took our dog who absolutely had a wonderful time.

Very easy 3 mile hike. We saw some friendly deer that just watched us from 15 feet away. There were several other hikers as well as some mountain bike rider. All-in-all it was a good way to get a little morning exercise.

Had a great hike on this trail. Very easy to traverse. Lots of over looks and rest sites. My only negative would be the amount of foliage at the over looks obstructing the view. Will defiantly go back in the late fall or winter to get the "Big Picture". Also came up on a downed power line at the 2.5 mile marker. A storm the night before blew a tree down on it. Was lucky to see it in time. I notified the park rangers and it was taken care of by the power company.

Great for trail running with a not to hard technical level.