Rock Garden Trail

Rock Garden Trail is a 1.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Lineville, Alabama that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

My wife and I are wanting to get into hiking. Got this app and found this trail and read the reviews. The trail is rated easy but as beginners we found it to be challenging. The trail itself is well marked and pretty well traveled. However, it was very very steep in certain places. Guess we are really out of shape. LOL! Although it is short the steepness should make it moderate. The view at the top though was well worth the hike. Cool waterfall and scenic views! We will definitely hike it again.

My husband and I just did this. We are both inexperienced and little out of shape. It was perfect for us. Gets a little steep but nothing too bad. The view at the top is worth it.

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Very steep but worth it at the top. Wonderful views

Saturday, November 12, 2016

I hiked this trail with my 10 year old and a 4 year old. We absolutely enjoyed this trail! It was very fun and exciting. Unfortunately if you want to get to Cheaha mountain you'd have to walk on the road and we didn't enjoy this as much. The kids enjoyed the playgrounds in the beginning and end of the of the hike.

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

This trail really starts at Cheaha Lake and is called the Lake trail. Only a small portion at the top is actually the Rock Garden Trail. But all together its a nice way to hike to the top.

Wednesday, October 08, 2014

Great hike! It is short - but steep!! Worth the hike to the top for the views!!

Friday, April 21, 2017