Randolph and Sipsey Loop Trail is a 8.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Double Springs, Alabama that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This trail itself is good and for the most part it is easy to follow. There were a few places where we briefly lost the trail, but that was likely our fault.

There are tons of rock formations and the river is great. When we went the water was not too cold and the air was the perfect temperature for hiking. I will definitely be coming back to this trail and I feel like I will see something new each time I come back.

Also, I don’t know how common it is to see the bioluminescent worms (glow worms/Dismalites), but I did get a chance to see them for some time in the very early morning hours - very cool to see next to the river!

Trail was poorly marked very easy to get lost several places never did But still A big adventure to say the least To river crossings Lots of water until the last 3 hours out Camp sites everywhere I stayed Where the 2 creeks Fort together closest to the Big tree

Walked the Randolf-Sipsey-Rippey trails loop (202-209-201) this past weekend, Aug 25. As there was no recent rainfall I can only assume the drip, drip, drip I heard coming down the cliffs at the end of Randolf trail was Feather Hawk Falls. Even the Sipsey was barely moving. I crossed from 202 where the stones were placed across the river, got lucky as this IS the trail crossing. Used the same thought process when crossing from 209 to 201. I have a map that calls this crossing trail 205 but did not see that in the field. Fell into some great company at this point and walked out with them. Aside from the spider webs, and no waterfall, a real nice hike. 6 hours to make the loop including trail finding time and 8-10 rest stops.

Great loop trail with the infamous Big Tree at the end. Plenty of places to camp along the way and some very gorgeous scenery.

Really enjoyed the trail, definitely get a map at a near gas station since the place is easy to get lost in, a compass would also be useful.

The first 2 miles is following an old logging or forestry road to the canyon. Fairly uninspiring except for the old cemetery along the way. it is well kept with many hand carved stones from the 1800's. Once into the canyon, there is a creek crossing to intersect with 209. if the water is very low, one may be able to step stones across, otherwise, wading will be required here. Very scenic once in the canyon.

Be sure to note that the little leg back to 201 where 209 intersects with 206 is an unmarked creek crossing. there is currently (11/09/17) a smallish log spanning the creek. thin and very wobbly. Be very careful crossing!