Rainbow Mountain Loop Trail

Rainbow Mountain Loop Trail is a 1.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Madison, Alabama that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 1.5 miles Elevation Gain: 370 feet Route Type: Loop

Poorly marked. Take a compass and get your coordinates straight before you go.

Great early morning walk. Took my 5 yr. old with me. Was just right amount of elevation changes. Could have been a little better marked in a couple spots, but no major issue.

Great trail that is close to home. Not too difficult but will make you break a good sweat. Our favorite go-to trail that never gets old no matter what time of year.

water is the rocks are dry and the leaves are starting to fall.

Great

very pretty. I would recommend starting left so you'll go down hill the the majority of the time. Rocky paths made it more beautiful!

we took the clockwise direction and did the steeper part on the end. Lots of rocks and boulder..you will get a workout. Leaving the waterfall area we csme to a fork going up the bluff ..keep left at the fork. When you see the end of trail sign on the up hill climb keep on the trail tight.

Great trail, I haven't been out in years hiking and I am here in Alabama for a while... time to get out and explore the beauty of nature. I had decent temperatures in the morning and a nice breeze to get me to the end. I will be back to attack the trails again.

Very nice trail! I enjoyed the beautiful afternoon walking this trail.

Very fun but way longer than advertised- my Fitbit clocked in at 2.31 miles. Beautiful rock outcroppings that you have to scramble going both up and down the mountain, and then a pretty easy trail along the base. I wouldn’t do the trail of you aren’t sure-footed and wouldn’t recommend it for anyone under 7.

Good trail and close by.

There are areas without clear markers, so be aware of the blue tape on trees and trail signs to help guide you. The app helped me get back on track when I accidentally went off trail following someone else.

Very fun trail.

Great trail! Well marked! Can’t wait to come back to hike more!

Really nice lil trail to hit last minute. Very pretty and there's even a small waterfall at the bottom. Took us about 30 minutes to complete it. The rocks can be slippery though. I busted my butt on one of the larger flat rocks haha. Was a great laugh for the people I was hiking with.

Great trail! Took my 4 year old and leisurely completed it in a couple of hours. Had to carry him up some of the steep areas but did well otherwise. Great place to watch sunset in the winter also. Very rocky trail so wear good shoes.

I like this trail. It’s near my house has good views and a great workout for a little trail.

Great little trail

Great trail close to home.

Excellent *free* trail in the HSV area with beautiful rock formations and winter views. My personal favorite in the TN valley.

Saturday, September 29, 2018

Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Great path. Good trail markers and views.

Wednesday, September 19, 2018

great trail for all ages and dogs. Be careful not to let little ones climb on the rocks unattended. Some of them hide a substantial drop off that could be fatal!

Sunday, September 16, 2018

Great trail... lots to see!