Rainbow Mountain Loop Trail

Rainbow Mountain Loop Trail is a 1.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Madison, Alabama that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Scenic and challenging. Just the right length for a good workout, but you can also make it longer adding the Jamooka ? Trail?
No real water features, just trickles.

Fun but it's easy to get if trail of you're not careful!!

Nice trail for after work quick workout, enough incline to raise your heart rate, enough flat to enjoy scenery.

I've done this trail three times now with my dog. The first time was the day after a pretty hard rainstorm and had I known the terrain,i probably wouldn't have chosen that day as the trail is pretty rocky and the rocks were slippery. A few of the rocks proved tough for my tripod dog, but by the third time out, we only faced one small section that I had to help him over (rocks spaced too far apart for him). Every time we've been out we've run across folks using hiking poles, not a bad idea as the trail has a pretty decent descent/uphill with rocks and trees. In a couple places we lost the trail so I highly recommend using the GPS map on this app. The first time took 2 hours, the sound and third about an hour. This will be good in summer as there are a couple of places my dog can get wet and cool off. Enjoy your hike!