Rainbow Mountain Loop Trail

Rainbow Mountain Loop Trail is a 1.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Madison, Alabama that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

I've done this trail three times now with my dog. The first time was the day after a pretty hard rainstorm and had I known the terrain,i probably wouldn't have chosen that day as the trail is pretty rocky and the rocks were slippery. A few of the rocks proved tough for my tripod dog, but by the third time out, we only faced one small section that I had to help him over (rocks spaced too far apart for him). Every time we've been out we've run across folks using hiking poles, not a bad idea as the trail has a pretty decent descent/uphill with rocks and trees. In a couple places we lost the trail so I highly recommend using the GPS map on this app. The first time took 2 hours, the sound and third about an hour. This will be good in summer as there are a couple of places my dog can get wet and cool off. Enjoy your hike!

there was alot of clearing that needs to be done. could use a couple more benches on the trails. however, I had a great outing with my 6 year old son. lots to exolore.

We hiked the rainbow Mtn. Trail this morning. All trails were good, even for our 4 year old granddaughter. I likes everything about this trail.

Awesome. Great views. Moderate trail. Prepare to hike uphill though.

fun trail, at a brisk pace did the loop in about 45 min, some nice views and rock formations.

Pretty decent trail. My only concern is when you're on the 52 trail part and close to the homes. With all the leaves, it's kind of hard to determine the correct path to walk. I believe there should be more signs to direct you so you don't go too close to the homes because you don't know the path

Great local trail, a bit rocky in places.

I enjoyed it a lot. Not to hard not to easy.