Pulpit Rock Trail

Pulpit Rock Trail is a 0.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Heflin, Alabama that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This was our second trail of the day. The views were just as rewarding as the first. It's only a short distance off the road but it's a little steep at the beginning.

Steep rocky slope starting out, narrow trail in places. Beautiful view at the end! My husband brought his trekking poles and glad he did, he’s not fit enough for trails like this, he didn’t think it was “easy” at all. Thanks to the past reviews we were prepared for the steep slope.

Short but enjoyable trail with some awesome views at the end of the trail.

Paige Jenkins nailed this...probably not for everyone even if the trail is mostly easy.

Beautiful trail! Easy enough to take your children on the trail with you!

Beautiful views! We were there mid week and were the only ones. I'd say moderate hike given the steep initial and final descent / ascent.

Short but very pretty trail. The view at the lookout was really spectacular!!! I’m glad me and my husband made this little pit stop on our cross country road trip.

Very short and easy hike. We did this one and another one to make it a little longer hike for us.
The climb back up may be a little workout if you don't get out much. Definitely worth it. Nice views.
AND PLEASE..... IF YOU HAVE DOGS, TAKE POOP BAGS AND PICK UP AFTER YOUR DOG.

One of my favorite trails. Steep climb back to parking, prepare to be winded.

This was a beautiful spot. I hiked this with my two boys, under 10, and it was no problem. We hiked down the cliff on the rocks and they loved it. There were a couple of spots that required some careful planning, but still pretty safe. A couple cool tunnels or caves in the rocks and lots of beautiful pictures.

Short, easy hike with a wonderful view at the end! Highly recommend this trail if you’re looking for a quick, non strenuous trail

great hike for kids. Just dont let them get too close to the edge! Beautiful view!

Lookout was incredible!

Good hike beginning is very steep leaving a steep hike out. Great views at the mountains edge.

Great overlook! Trail is steep at first but levels out

This place is special to me. It’s a gorgeous overlook of how beautiful the state of Alabama is. Very easy hike.

Saturday, September 30, 2017

Best lookout in the park. The "hike" is really more of a short 5 minute path to get to the rock. Lots of cool rock formations to explore. Faces west so it's probably perfect for sunset! If you go to Cheaha Park you have to go here.

Thursday, September 21, 2017

Beautiful scenery a small creek when it rains. Took this hike with a dog, and a three and four year old no problem. Easy hike.

Thursday, September 14, 2017

Short trail but really good views

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

This sunset was amazing. This is a really short trail, perfect for sunset viewing.

Sunday, July 23, 2017

Pretty easy trail with only a small section with a steep incline/decline. The views from Pulpit Rock are what make the trail so great, but you can get some of the same views on harder trails. I highly recommend this trail to any beginner hikers and families.

Monday, December 19, 2016

We hiked this and then repealed and climbed the wall. Hike was easy. Climb was easy. It was a good day.

Monday, October 24, 2016

The beginning of the trail is a little tough for my seven year old due to the slop and the tree roots, but the end is worth every penny. The view was amazing and we have some great pictures of the kids! Just be sure to pay close attention to the red markings on the trees. The trail is pretty easy to follow, but at the end you could make a wrong turn if you are not paying attention.

Sunday, September 04, 2016

The view is terrific

Monday, August 15, 2016

awesome views

Thursday, February 12, 2015

5 stars for the view at Sunset, 2 stars for the blazing.

the beginning of the trailhead is steep and slippery if it has rained recently, so make sure you have sturdy shoes.

There are blazes and red x's that can make you think you climb back up close to where you just descended. and then there are no other blazes in that section. (just go down the hill and keep walking, you will eventually see a blaze/path crossing stepping stones).

Trail isn't challenging, except the beginning, really nominal elevation change. Then you come to a T. To your right, looks like logging mess. to your left, looks like a logging dead end. no blazes in view... I opted to go left first... about 100ft down trail, see a blaze on a felled tree. (as well as recent chain saw work... could no one tag a tree?)

keep walking, rocky section, then you see Pulpit Rock. (or I am assuming I was there) The sunset/view was spectacular. Technically, the trail closes at sunset. We made it back shortly thereafter.