Perdido River Nature Preserve

Perdido River Nature Preserve is a 11.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Lillian, Alabama that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

old growth

Not much to see but very peaceful and relaxing we loved it.

Beautiful trail. Lots of greenery, including pitcher plants in the spring! I hiked this two days after a heavy rain and multiple areas of the trail were flooded. The trail also is in dire need of mowing/shredding. The east side of the loop that I did was a dirt road, with numerous 'no trespassing' signs on the property to the east of that. This road put me out by the parking lot, which has a gate across it and more no trespassing signs. According to the map this road is the boundary to the preserve. It seems the crazy backwoods hicks who own the property to the east are a little territorial to say the last.

No mosquitos when I went, but a few deer flies that I was able to swat. All in all, beautiful secluded trail that I will do again once it dries out a bit more.