Peavine Falls via Green and White Trail Loop

Peavine Falls via Green and White Trail Loop is a 1.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Pelham, Alabama that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

$5 per person to get in. Easy parking access to trail head without driving far into the park. Green Trail connects to the White Trail, which will take you right by the falls. A couple of challenging spots to get your heart rate up, but very enjoyable! Seasonally, the falls are dry.

A lot of fun. Hike down to the falls was pretty steep for my two 9 yr olds, but they were able to get down and up again safely.

Nice hike. Short. Parts poorly maintained, considering you pay to get in to the park. Parts may be difficult for smaller children.

Awesome hike down a steep incline. It feels like hiking in the ADXs. Clean cold waterfall at the bottom

First time hiking in oak mountain. The green trail has a bit of a bite to it. Definitely a moderate trail with various dips and rises across the mountain to the Peavine Fall. We connected to the white trail to the top of the falls. The climb down to the bottom of the fall is a bit tricky an can be slippery climbing out. Taking the green trail back became a little tasking so we took the orange (horse) trail back to the wild life center. It’s a pretty level hike back saved us about 30 minutes (just watch your step). Overall Peavine Falls did not disappoint and the green trail was a welcomed challenge.

Nice loop with some flat areas and some steep, rocky areas. 20-foot Peavine Falls is nice when it has enough water, which it frequently does not. The Green Trail keeps going east on the ridgeline and ends down near the park office, so do not miss the right turn on the green-white connector to stay on this loop. Also, there is a nice overlook from the ridgetop Green Trail. Probably the most scenic hike at Oak Mountain though definitely not the longest.

Beautiful!

Amazing experience.

challenging hike but worth it

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

We originally we're going to do the loop, but got to the waterfall, set up the hammock and then decided to come on back.
We got to the falls around 9:30 and only one other person was there so it was great!
As we were coming back up around 11, there were more people.
The waterfall was beautiful! It just rained so it was really flowing. We brought our swimsuits in hopes to jump in, but the water was pretty cold and the pool was shallow. I'm sure if someone was really wanting to, laying in the pool and playing under the waterfall would be a blast.
Trail started off as mostly a road and the last half was trail, pretty rocky and steep. Coming back up felt like we were going straight up but wasn't too crazy. Rocks can be a bit slippery though.
Overall, fun trail and good hangout.
Also, 5 bucks a person to get in.

Monday, May 15, 2017

Take a swimsuit!

Saturday, April 01, 2017

Beautiful waterfall and stream but not well marked.

Sunday, January 29, 2017

Easiest trail to get lost on do not reccomend

Friday, November 18, 2016

Beautiful trail with all the changing colors. I took my daughter on a hike here. It was good and challenging and made me work up a sweat. I love how well marked every trail is. Although it was somewhat busy there that day, we felt completely alone on the trail which was so nice! I love Oak Mountain and we will be back to do a longer and more challenging trail in the future months.

Thursday, November 10, 2016

Amazing!!

Wednesday, October 05, 2016

I took my family to oak mountain where Peavine is located and it was actually very rewarding. Although I would have to say I didn't do the green trail. But I managed to do the white and it was a little steep. I had my baby with me thinking it would be kid friendly and I'm glad I was able to manage. The markers were awesome. I drove all the way up where it was four miles and hiked about 5k overall. There's also the area that takes you to kings chair and it was gorgeous; with that I wouldn't suggest bringing a baby or child at this trail where there's red and blue trails. And if going on so, take the red for harder and the blue for more moderate.

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

I made the mistake of hiking to Peavine this summer before the rain came so the only thing left was a pool of cool water. Will be trying again soon once the waterfall is flowing again. This was an all around beautiful hike but crazy steep when leaving from the bottom of the falls.

Monday, July 25, 2016

Pretty steep and beautiful.

Monday, May 30, 2016

Great falls a little steep around the falls.

Sunday, March 13, 2016

My first hike and I loved it!! Amazing views and the falls was gorgeous. Can't wait to do again!

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Such a great day hike. Easy parking access to trail head without driving far into the park. Green Trail connects to the White Trail, which will take you right by the falls. A couple of challenging spots to get your heart rate up, but very enjoyable!

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Love these trails. Some of the best around. Look out for mountain bikers. They love them too.

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

A nice four hour hike, including the half hour at the falls.

Tuesday, September 08, 2015

Beautiful hike especially when it has rained. Be prepared for a lot of people and look out for snakes.

Monday, February 16, 2015

one of my absolute favorite hikes, challenging, beautiful & rewarding. I highly recommend the hikes in oak mountain..this one being the top

Sunday, September 15, 2013

start from the lake for a real workout! falls are beautiful when it has rained

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Scenic and moderate. Highly recommend.

Sunday, July 01, 2012

My first trail, lots of fun beautiful!!!!

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

This is a great day hike. Starting out at the parking lot by the tree top trail it is a nice rolling hill hike and clearly marked through the hallows. Then you start the ascent up the mountain and it can be a little tougher to see the marks, but is a great workout with great views if you need to rest. Once you make it to the top it's a great flat hike along the ridge with alternating views on each side. Make sure to keep your eyes open for of shoots that lead to rock formations that have great views of the valleys and foothills. Great places to sit and rest and get something to eat. The trail ends at the upper parking lot that leads down to peavine falls. I like to go down and explore a little and then turn around and head back the way I came. Heading back is easier going than heading in just be sure so watch your footing on the way down. Good morning hike that allows for connections to other trails.