Learn more

Parker Falls Trail is a 1.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Haleyville, Alabama that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Length 1.7 mi Elevation gain 255 ft Route type Out & Back

Over grown

Rocky

Description
Waypoints (0)

Roughly a one mile hike to the first waterfall. Climb down past the cascades, and then head up Parker Branch to find the larger waterfall. There were a few small trees down on the trail, but nothing really worth mentioning. There isn't a whole lot of elevation change to deal with either, until you reach the water, then you will need to climb down a short distance.

Weather
UV Index
Daylight
Reviews (161)
Photos (156)
Recordings (103)
Completed (233)
John Hardin
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJuly 3, 2020
Hiking

It’s not a maintained trail but it’s well traveled and easy to follow. Elevation is only 285 ft however it’s all at once. Extremely fun and beautiful hike.

Will Sparks
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJune 24, 2020
HikingMuddyRockyWashed out

Trail was great definitely had to use hands and climb rocks and hill sides but worth the hike. Both falls are beautiful

View Will's Recording
Christopher Marlowe
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJune 21, 2020
Hiking

Trail becomes hard to navigate at a certain point. We were able to find the falls, but it was riddled with steep, slippery portions. NOT kid friendly.

View Christopher's Recording
Jesse W.
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJune 21, 2020
Hiking

Trail washing even more away. Campsites strewn with trash. Trees uprooted for no apparent reason. What was once a beautiful hike has become a tedious eyesore.

View Jesse's Recording
TJ McIntyre
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJune 14, 2020
HikingRockyScramble

Well maintained trail and a beautiful waterfall at the end. Getting down and up from the falls area can be tricky. Not the best hike to choose if you’re taking small children or anyone with balance issues. The terrain is not easy near the falls. But if you’re healthy and experienced as a hiker, it’s a great trail.

Josh Evans
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJune 2, 2020
HikingMuddyScramble

Hiked this trail today. Easy walking until you get to the rope. Make sure to keep going under the small waterfall. The actual Parker Falls is down in the holler. There’s some great camping sites as well.

Brooke Penna
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMay 25, 2020
Hiking

This trail was beautiful and well maintained. The all trails app took me right to the trailhead. Only about 1.1 miles to the waterfall. The trail was about 1.5 miles in. Then 1.5 miles out.

laura vganges
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarMay 24, 2020
HikingBugs

We could not find this trail, even with an REI map. It is on there of course, but no visible trail to get there. Google put us about 500 yards from the Randolph trailhead in an area that looked like we shouldn’t park there. (FWIW, I am not a Pro or a Compass hiker. Someone w more skills probably could find it.). Ended up hiking Randolph but sure would have liked to seen Parker Falls. Also beware of ticks...

Simone Sessions
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMay 15, 2020
Hiking

Beautiful trail and beautiful waterfalls! Very much enjoyed this hike and will do it again! Keep going past the mile mark when you hit the first little waterfall... the big one awaits ahead and it’s so worth it!

View Simone's Recording
Tiffaney Caldwell
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMay 3, 2020
Hiking

Beautiful, fairly easy hike, scroll down to “find your crazy” post for directions and his description is on point!

Carrie Anderson
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarApril 26, 2020
HikingOff trailScramble
View Carrie's Recording
Find YourCrazy.org
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarApril 24, 2020
HikingScramble

If you only do one hike in Bankhead, THIS IS IT! We have done 8 or 9 waterfall hikes in Bankhead and this was by far the favorite of every family member. We are a full time RV family of 9 (www.FindYourCrazy.org) who does a lot of hiking. Today we had my wife, me, our 7, 8, and three 11 year olds (two with special needs). Everyone did great. Google maps took us right to the trailhead. No parking area so you have to just park along the road, but it is pretty wide and when we left there were 12+ cars there with no problems. The hike in is really pretty. A tight trail makes it feel like you are just walking through the woods. Lots of small trees down, but nothing major. Once you get to the falls it just keeps getting prettier. You do have to scramble down a steep slop to get into the basin. There is a rope tied to a tree there to help. All of our kids did fine, we did have to hand hold our special needs girls down that part, but never felt like it was dangerous. We were glad that we had left the dogs at the camper though, as I am not sure if we could have managed that with them. Once you get to the first falls there are four stair stepped right after each other until the stream joins with a larger one at the bottom of the hill. But don’t stop there. Turn upstream and the biggest falls of all are about 150 yards further. If it had not been for the pro version of AllTrails we probably would have missed it. To get all the way to the last falls we have to cross over the stream, but it’s neither deep nor fast. A must do in Bankhead.

View Find's Recording
Trisha Gann
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarApril 23, 2020

Love this trail.

Carrie Anderson
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarApril 11, 2020
HikingOff trailRockyScramble
View Carrie's Recording
Melissa Mobley
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarApril 8, 2020
Hiking

This was a very enjoyable trail. I would consider it moderate, but active and/or older children could handle it. The trail starts out in some thick woods of mostly pine for a good bit, then opens up a bit to some bigger hardwoods before reaching the descending area to the creek/falls. There is a rope in one area to help you down a steeper part of the trail, but it’s not super dangerous(just watch your footing). The app took me straight to the trailhead, even though it isn’t marked. Beautiful trail and saw a few campfire sites. I went about 9 am and didn’t see one other person there. Had my bird dog with me and she didn’t have any problems either. Definitely looking forward to going back!

Lance Moore
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarApril 5, 2020
Hiking

Easy trail until the last part. the last part of the trail has a rope the help you get to the bottom of the falls. there are lots of places to adventure in the creeks.

View Lance's Recording
Adam Wideman
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarMarch 30, 2020
Hiking

My wife and two daughters went out for a day hike yesterday. Trail was super easy until you got to the first falls. The hike got a bit more intense but we handled it. My daughters age 5 and 8. Needed a bit of help here and there but we made it through it. Also took our frenchie with us. It was a great time all around.

Terry Robinson
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMarch 27, 2020
Hiking

I’ve been going to Sipsey for over 20 years now and yesterday was the first time I’ve hiked down to Parker Falls. It is an easy hike, right at a mile, and once you get to the cascade and falls, it’s so beautiful. There’s one hard spot you have to descend, but there’s a rope to help you get down. I had my 8 yr old daughter with me and we met other people at the falls that had smaller children. On the way up an elderly couple were making their way down the hard part. So it’s very doable, just be careful. Overall this is an easy hike with some of the prettiest falls in Sipsey, in my opinion. Enjoy!

Lisa Stults
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarMarch 22, 2020
Hiking

Fun hiking !! Kinda steep at the falls but worth it

Makenzie Smith
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMarch 9, 2020
Hiking

Great trail ! Very steep toward the end .

Andy Westfall
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarFebruary 25, 2020
Hiking

Great trail, some tough but awesome sections.

View Andy's Recording
Kim Waites
Yellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarFebruary 4, 2020
HikingOff trailScrambleWashed out

Took a trip to Parker Falls this morning. Went in a different way than the standard that most people are accessing it. We did come out the standard way. It’s a rugged and beautiful canyon!! Just a little PSA but if you go in the route from Kinlock Road, it has become treacherous and dangerous. The “trail” has sloughed off completely in many spots which is not only dangerous to humans but very harmful to the resource. I know I can’t make anyone stay out of there but I can at least request it as a concerned civilian. I have no authority but I do have hope at least. We can, as an outdoor community, recognize places that just need a breather and agree to let it alone. There are many places in our wilderness that need a break but can we exercise restraint? That’s your choice!