Parker Falls Trail

Parker Falls Trail is a 1.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Haleyville, Alabama that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

cave

Roughly a one mile hike to the first waterfall. Climb down past the cascades, and then head up Parker Branch to find the larger waterfall. There were a few small trees down on the trail, but nothing really worth mentioning. There isn't a whole lot of elevation change to deal with either, until you reach the water, then you will need to climb down a short distance.

loved it. lots of scrambling to get to two other falls further down/up stream. totally worth it!

I highly recommend this trail. Absolutely beautiful. Would not go without hiking shoes and hiking stick. Cascading Falls. Below falls and to the right is another falls and a beautiful rock formation. Did not find anything to the left. Crossed creek several times.

It's a good little hike! The waterfall is beautiful! Didn't have any trouble keeping up with the trail..

Easy hike to the falls, a little steep going down to the bottom of the falls. I will be going back

A really great trail. The falls are tiered! Follow the creek past parker falls and take a left at the fork. You will find a fifty foot water fall!

Absolutely gorgeous waterfalls. Trail isn’t marked at all. My son and I are novice hikers. We got a little turned around on the way back and it took us a while to locate the trail. Even with all of that, I consider this a must see/do. Beautiful!

Great hike.

A few trees to step over. Trail was well worn but nice walk. Waterfalls we flowing very nice. Able to climb to bottom one with trekking poles and back up to bottom of first one. Worth the trip if you are in the area

easy at first, but gets tricky towards the end. My husband and I are novice hikers and got a little lost at the end. Thank goodness for the alltrails app!

Easy hike on the way down since it’s all downhill. Not long before you see the waterfalls. Trail is pretty easy to follow, but no markings or signs. We didn’t pick the best day to go to see water falling, but everything else was nice and no one else was out.

easy hike, beautiful place, just wear hiking shoes and not regular shoes.

the main falls are beautiful getting down to them was a little nerve racking with a 4, 6, 7, 9, 10, and 12 year old. had to cross the water several times and not all the feet servived. the trail is overgrown and a hiker ahead of us going in met a timber rattler.

Loved this hike!!! My 4 year old golden retriever kept up really well too! The waterfall is amazing. It’s such a hidden gem!

Truly majestic! We went a mile up stream from the falls and found an old old man made dame and old Forrest signs grown into the trees. A great hike all around.

The trail was easygoing for about a mile, but then there were some tricky spots. I would not recommend this trail for the very young or the elderly. Some climbing experience is helpful.

beautiful place. Trail is no more than a foot path. a few small falls before get to the main falls.

Awesome place you need to see it

Had a great time today with my family. Beautiful waterfalls.

Nice waterfalls, particularly after some rain. Stair step waterfalls down to creek.

I hiked this with my two boys (6 and 9) and it was awesome. The hike to the waterfalls was pretty easy. The are some cool trees to look at. There were a lot of thorny plants on the path, so I recommend wearing pants. Once we got to the waterfalls we hiked down them and crossed the stream in several places. It was a very beautiful hike. The most fun was off trail hiking along the falls.

This was such a beautiful hike! The first part is through some pines and not all that spectacular. Then you hear the water and the entire scenery changes into this magical place!

We started to take our dog, but we are glad we didn’t. He is older and this would have been very challenging on him, but a younger, energetic dog would have loved it.

easy trail ... Beautiful waterfalls... when you reach creek cross over and pickup the trail to the right... follow it to Parker falls

pictures can not describe this place.
You have to see it in person.

Good hike, my 2 year old survived it. Good trail, great scenery. Multiple waterfalls.

Saturday, February 03, 2018

Awesome Hike - This is a time lapse video of the trail. https://youtu.be/67d7TPIaW1Q

Monday, January 15, 2018

Great short hike.

Sunday, January 07, 2018

the trail itself is easy I would recommend if you have young children to key a good eye on them. the trail once it gets to the first falls is right next to a pretty good drop off but after that it's easy hiking to the big falls. the main trail itself going to the falls is a breeze and breathtaking once you get to the hemlocks. my only complaint is the directions from the app don't take you to the trail head so I would recommend going with someone that knows the area. if that's not a option the trail has a pull in spot on the right hand side and is about a quarter mile before you get to kinlock falls. hope this helps

Thursday, December 28, 2017

Well-worn path with just a few trees over the trail. This trail is unremarkable for the first half-mile or so, then the forest just explodes with hemlock as you descend a short distance to a small but impressive waterfall. Where the 2nd waterfall flows into a 2nd stream, follow that stream upstream a short distance to beautiful Parker Falls. There were a few photographers already at the falls this chilly morn when I arrived. The water was flowing great over the rocks.

The only thing that detracted from the hike was that it looked like the camping section at Wal-Mart had exploded very near the trail. A breadcrumb of straps, Ozark Trail camping gear packaging, cheap broken saws, water bottles, and even a full size grill littered the path to the falls. I will pack out as much as I can on the way out.