Odum Point High Falls Loop Trail

Odum Point High Falls Loop Trail is a 7.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Lineville, Alabama that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Directions from Cheaha State Park: Travel north on State Route #281 to State Route #49. Go south on State Route #49 for about 6 miles to County Route #31. Travel about 4.5 miles to County Route #12. Travel about 1.5 miles to Forest Route #650. Travel about 0.25 miles to the parking lot for the Highfalls trailhead serving the Odum Trail.

Beautiful falls! Maintenance is needed on the stairs and several downed trees could be cut off the trail to make it better. The trail could be marked better as well. I however really enjoyed myself none the less. I'd definitely visit again.

Worst unmarked hike I have ever been on. The scenery was pathetic and because it was unmarked and over grown I see it as a very dangerous mess. I hated this trail.
There wasn't anything beautiful except the falls the very first 1/2 mile. I do not recommend.

This was the worst trail we have ever endured ever, ever, ever. OMG. Get a chain saw and clean this mess up. Even then there are no views. Nothing. The waterfalls the first .50 miles in was it. Do not go past them. Nothing but regret and sliced up legs. No less than 60 down trees etc. ugh!!!!!

Awesome trail! Went about 2.5 miles down the right hand trail from the trail head before heading back and camping at the first sight by the trail sign and the huge rock face.

Awesome waterfalls as you start and nice camp spots with great views later along the trail.

I just happened to stumble across HighFalls while heading to Cheaha, and I am so glad I did. I enjoyed a bit of rock climbing before making my way to the falls, each climb took me to an even more beautiful view. I climbed across a fallen tree that stretched out in front of one of the falls and jumped right in. I didn't do the entire loop though. I just hiked to the highest falls and then turned around to come back the same way. This ended up being my favorite stop on my trip through Talladega National Forest. I would definitely wait on this one until after significant rain though. It's my understanding that the experience can differ significantly depending on the flow of the waterfalls.

Waterfalls are absolutely beautiful and the view at the top of the mountain is amazing! However, the trail is poorly maintained in some areas and completely disappears at one point if you take a right where it loops.

Waterfalls were gorgeous after all the rain we've had (and needed)!

My wife and I visited from CO, so we may be a bit biased, but other than the falls ( which would be very nice after a solid rain) I wouldn't not return. The trail was very difficult to follow. Several times we were only assured that we were on the trail by trash left by other hikers. The trail was overgrown and covered with spiderwebs. We made it around 2 miles in and stumbled on a yellow jacket nest, and were stung several times apiece, at which point we decided it wasn't worth continuing. If we were to return, we would only go to the falls and not attempt the hike.

Can't wait to go back after it rains.

Tuesday, August 02, 2016

Saturday, July 09, 2016

don't come during the dry season. Falls were weak.

Monday, July 04, 2016

This trail would be beautiful in the late fall! The view was a little grown up and the falls are dry in the summer. Also be prepared for a lot of large red ants along the trail and some pretty overgrown paths. At one point there is a magnificent overlook but past that the map seemed WAY off and it led to nothing but another trail- possibly a connector? You also could not call this a loop trail it is out and back. Overall challenging enough with a good amount of flat and cool breezes. It is lightly travelled and peaceful!