Deadening Alpine Trail

Deadening Alpine Trail is a 3.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Dadeville, Alabama that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

Probably my favorite hike in AL so far

Great trail, very well maintained/marked!

Very challenging/difficult, yet beautiful trail. We took the entire loop, which is around 4 miles. We stopped for about 15 min to eat lunch and maybe another 10-15 min to take misc pictures. The entire loop from the parking area and back took us right at 3 hours backpacking a toddler and hiking with teens and moving at a steady pace. Luckily, it was overcast and a very light rain to keep things cool for us during the last week of June! And even with bug spray/tick repellant, we ended up finding a few ticks on us too... just check well!

Cool trail,great veiws

This hike was a blast. I would say that it was more on the difficult side of moderate. There were some areas that were a bit sketchy to navigate, and a lot of ups and downs. As other people mentioned, the pine needles could be a bit slippery. The views of the lake were amazing and there was a ton of cool types of lichen, moss, and rocks. It took us about 1.75-2 hours.

Amazing trail.. Great Lake and island views steep rugged rocky terrain great views. This trail is a lot of fun and moderately challenging

Great hike today! Great weather and great and challenging trail!!

Fun trail with good views of Lake Martin and Chimney Rock. The trail is moderate with some fairly steep sections. Just over 4 miles including the walk to and from the parking lot. Trail is well-marked, but the fallen pine straw made for some slippery conditions. The best views are on the second half of the hike, and there are a few good spots to stop and relax on some boulders. Will definitely be returning soon.

I spend 2.5 hours in this Deadening Alpine trail in a anticlockwise direction. the way heading north is walking at middle of the mountain, easy and no much good view, but on the way back, heading south, the route is as low as near to the water, many rocks and up and down. A good view of the lake, too.

This is actually called "The Deadening Alpine Trail"

I am from a Fort Benning and I often drive several hours to go up to North GA and Tennessee to do a lot of hiking on the Appalachian Trail. This trail is much closer and is just as cool. It is a little less challenging with out the major elevation gain as in the Mountains but I would say it's in the same ballpark.

I wouldn't recommend this trail if you are looking for an easy nature walk but if your looking for a challenge or wanting to get a work out in this is the spot. There are steep cliffs and tight areas. The views are amazing. I wish I would have found this place awhile ago.

I am looking forward to doing other trails in the area such as Cherokee Alpine Trail and the Smith mountain fire tower trail.