Land Trust Loop

Land Trust Loop is a 5.1 mile loop trail located near Huntsville, Alabama and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Gorgeous trails on the loop. Have many options to make it as easy or hard as you like. Definitely one of my favorites.

loved it, until Tollgate Trail from High Trail back to the parking lot. glad I had ankle support! very, very, very rocky.

Rugged trail, but beautiful and worth it.

Storm damage on the trails. Make sure you have ankle support.

Sunday, January 15, 2017

The Old Railway Bed Trail is the best part of this 5.2 mile loop in my opinion for scenery. Takes about two hours to walk and is well marked for jogging, but will need good ankles and shoes as this is a rocky Trail. Well hiked, pet friendly, mountain bikers and joggers.

Monday, August 29, 2016

Had great hike from this trail head on a couple of the trails that intersect this main trail. The Rail Bed trail is very hard being on the old rail bed, the rocks used for the bed are larger than modern railroad rocks and very treacherous to traverse after the rain the day before. We hiked 3/4 of the trail and picked up the Fagan Springs trail and found the spring. It was cold and clear. Very refreshing. We made our way down the mountain on the Alms House trail and found the foundation next to a creek. We began exploring for the caves when the weather changed for the worst, with a menacing sounding thunder storm coming up on the opposite side of the mountain from us. It was a fast ascent through the trail system to get back to the Trail Head that was very changing. My only negative would be that the falls and creek were mostly dry this time of year.

Tuesday, August 09, 2016

Great trails clean well marked (deff better if water was flowing)

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Great afternoon hike, completed in two hours. My only complaint is the Tollgate stretch of the trail, it's made up of really large gravel, easy to slip or roll an ankle while climbing uphil.

Friday, July 08, 2016

Wear sturdy shoes, it is an awesome hike!

Thursday, July 07, 2016

Best trail we've been on

Sunday, June 05, 2016

Great hike! Right after rain and rocks and trails slick but made for a cool hike at the beginning of summer! Tons of trails to hike here!!

Thursday, June 02, 2016

Excellent trail, terrain was difficult as noted. I can't wait to run it again!

Sunday, April 17, 2016

enjoyable hike, close by.

Sunday, March 27, 2016

Nice hike with some elevation. Very rocky in places

Thursday, January 07, 2016

Excellent trail for running or hiking. A bit difficult though.

Sunday, December 27, 2015

Went a day after heavy rains. Very muddy and wet. Lots of water on streams and drainage which was nice on otherwise dry beds. This loop has some elevation change and very rocky.

Sunday, August 02, 2015

A lengthy clearly defined trail we really enjoyed ourselves but the route wasn't clearly marked and we did have to double back a few times.

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Have done the trail at least 10, maybe more times. A great trail to practice for the AT or Pinholti. Haven't been able in the past 3 years due to 2 knee replacements but plan to go back in May.

Saturday, September 21, 2013

great loop with creeks and waterfalls to see along the way and right in the city too.

Friday, May 03, 2013

My girlfriend and I started on Old Railroad Bed in the land trust parking lot a turned off on High Trail, then took the Bluff Line Trail back. It was very purtty and is now one of our favorite routes except for seeing 5 snakes.

Saturday, January 05, 2013

Nice walk in the woods. There are some very nice areas at stream crossings. They only run after a rain. The best part is the proximity to town.

Friday, June 22, 2012

Nice and well maintained trail system. Lots of options for several various walks. We walked from the parking lot near Monte Sano State Park and went to the mines and back. I didn't think it was all that strenuous which has me thinking I did the wrong trail or something. I also didn't notice many views but I think they'd be nice in the wintertime. Great place for a hike near the center of Huntsville!

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

beautiful place for a stroll. plenty of photo ops :)