Lake Lurleen via Tashka Trail

Lake Lurleen via Tashka Trail is a 10.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Coker, Alabama that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

The weather was perfect! The trails are well kept. The trail markings were a bit. confusing.

Well maintained trails. Recently did about 11 miles starting at the North Trailhead of the Tashka and finishing up on the Lakeside Trail. I've hiked Lurleen many times. The only trails I have yet to hike are the Ridge Loop and the Five Oaks Loop.

So I completed the Ridge Loop Trail which is a new trail off the Tashka Trail. It was well cleared and fairly level. Also had markers every 0.5 miles. I took my time and stopped for a break and finished the 4 mile loop in about 2 hours. Ridge Loop would be good for new hikers and those looking for a quick hike.

Monday, April 03, 2017

Awesome place to go hiking. Me and my buddy took my dog to go hiking around the trail. My dog loved it and anytime it got hot we all jumped in the water to cool off. Great for dogs that like to hike. Highly recommend brining lots of water haha

Sunday, January 15, 2017

This was an excellent day-hike. We only saw a few people on the trail (Lake Lurleen seems to be more of a campground for RVs and the like); the weather was perfect, even in January, and the trails, despite suffering some leaf and needle coverage, were still well-marked and well-travelled. In total there are close to 24 miles of hiking trail, not 14, and they are laid out in such a way that they provide plenty of options depending on skill-level and time constraint. The main trail runs for 9 miles around the North, West, and South sides of the lake (a road runs up the East side) and it has several loops of between a half mile and almost 4 miles. We went about 10 miles and had a blast. The trails are buy-and-large pretty gradual, with some definite uphills and downhills, and would be terrific for biking or running (if you don't mind the $4 per-person entrance fee, which is a lot nicer than many other State and National Parks). This is a spectacular place to go for a hike, and I will definitely be back.

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Third time to do this! I chose 5 stars and it always shows 4...All our public lands, (State and National Parks) rely partly on the entrance "fees" I am seeing some complain about on here. Some Alabama St. Parks have already been closed due to not enough funding and less people visiting them. One NP that does not charge is the Great Smoky Mountain NP. More volunteers are needed to maintain the trails, campgrounds and many other public use places in our great nations Public lands. I am very happy to pay the entrance fee.

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Sunday, June 19, 2016

this place rocks. I rode clockwise and it was like a roller coaster ride

Friday, February 05, 2016

The hike here is great. If your looking for a nice walk along the lake side I would encourage you to hike to the dam and back. It's a 4 mile easy hike. The trail continues around the lake and is really an easy hike, it's long approximately 13.5 miles from the trailhead next to the park entrance. Like most state parks there is an entrance fee and its minimum fee. I have hiked the entire trail numerous times and have always enjoyed the nice clean trail. The Tuscaloosa bike club maintains the trails and they do a wonderful job!

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

$3 for adults, $1 for kids and sr citizens. can get crowded, especially when the weather is nice. the trail head had several piles of firewood and a big tractor tire. a portion of the trail runs by the road. I wouldn't recommend if you're trying to get away from it all, but it's fine if you're looking for an afternoon walk

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Pretty and well-maintained trails.

Sunday, November 10, 2013

The lake is pretty, an easy but long hike. Clean trails, just be ready to pay!

Thursday, September 05, 2013

Great park for people just getting into the sport! Good fast track up and down the lake side. Paying to get in is a bunch a crap.

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Beautiful park. Be prepared to pay an entry fee, though. Even if all you want to do is ride your bike through on the road.

Saturday, April 08, 2017