Lake Lurleen via Tashka Trail

Lake Lurleen via Tashka Trail is a 10.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Coker, Alabama that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Awesome place to go hiking. Me and my buddy took my dog to go hiking around the trail. My dog loved it and anytime it got hot we all jumped in the water to cool off. Great for dogs that like to hike. Highly recommend brining lots of water haha

This was an excellent day-hike. We only saw a few people on the trail (Lake Lurleen seems to be more of a campground for RVs and the like); the weather was perfect, even in January, and the trails, despite suffering some leaf and needle coverage, were still well-marked and well-travelled. In total there are close to 24 miles of hiking trail, not 14, and they are laid out in such a way that they provide plenty of options depending on skill-level and time constraint. The main trail runs for 9 miles around the North, West, and South sides of the lake (a road runs up the East side) and it has several loops of between a half mile and almost 4 miles. We went about 10 miles and had a blast. The trails are buy-and-large pretty gradual, with some definite uphills and downhills, and would be terrific for biking or running (if you don't mind the $4 per-person entrance fee, which is a lot nicer than many other State and National Parks). This is a spectacular place to go for a hike, and I will definitely be back.

Third time to do this! I chose 5 stars and it always shows 4...All our public lands, (State and National Parks) rely partly on the entrance "fees" I am seeing some complain about on here. Some Alabama St. Parks have already been closed due to not enough funding and less people visiting them. One NP that does not charge is the Great Smoky Mountain NP. More volunteers are needed to maintain the trails, campgrounds and many other public use places in our great nations Public lands. I am very happy to pay the entrance fee.

this place rocks. I rode clockwise and it was like a roller coaster ride

The hike here is great. If your looking for a nice walk along the lake side I would encourage you to hike to the dam and back. It's a 4 mile easy hike. The trail continues around the lake and is really an easy hike, it's long approximately 13.5 miles from the trailhead next to the park entrance. Like most state parks there is an entrance fee and its minimum fee. I have hiked the entire trail numerous times and have always enjoyed the nice clean trail. The Tuscaloosa bike club maintains the trails and they do a wonderful job!

$3 for adults, $1 for kids and sr citizens. can get crowded, especially when the weather is nice. the trail head had several piles of firewood and a big tractor tire. a portion of the trail runs by the road. I wouldn't recommend if you're trying to get away from it all, but it's fine if you're looking for an afternoon walk

Pretty and well-maintained trails.

The lake is pretty, an easy but long hike. Clean trails, just be ready to pay!

Great park for people just getting into the sport! Good fast track up and down the lake side. Paying to get in is a bunch a crap.