King's Chapel-Tom Bevill Loop

King's Chapel-Tom Bevill Loop is a 4.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Guntersville, Alabama that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from January until January. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

old growth

Entrance across from country store at Campground. May also be reached by taking Moonshine Trail down from the last chalet. Beautiful limestone formations, large trees and ferns. Great view of the lake.

I'm not sure I did this whole trail. There are a few discrepancies in the actual signs posted and the info here. We were looking for the loop trail (not Kings Chapel) and map coordinates took us to Terrell trail which landed us at the Kings Chapel grave yard. From there we took the rest of the Kings Chapel Trail loop to go back to the road. Really pretty trail. I personally would rate it more easy than moderate. We'll do this one again in the future and hopefully sort out some of my confusion.

Monday, January 04, 2016

Sunday, December 13, 2015

Saturday, December 12, 2015

Friday, September 04, 2015

We went in July 2015, the 2011 tornado really did a job on the canopy so the sun was brutal. Lots of under growth on the trails and it's bad year for ticks. Might be a great hike in the winter.

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Monday, January 14, 2013

I have to give a few details about this trail. On the map this trail is marked out. They ask you not to take this trail and a few others and if you do your at your own risk. Here's why,, the April 27th tornadoes took a huge chunk out of Guntersville State Park and destroyed this trail and messed up and few others and the trail marks. I decided to take this one at my own risk. It was overgrown and had some strenuous parts because it wasn't marked well. I had to look at the map closely and follow the trail as I seen it. This trail is about halfway up the hill to the Lodge. Before the tornadoes you could not see the lake from this trail. Now,, its BEAUTIFUL! You have a clear view through almost the whole trail. I suggested they clear the trail and remark it. A very nice trail!!! take at your own risk!