John B. Scott Forever Wild Trail

John B. Scott Forever Wild Trail is a 4.4 mile loop trail located near Tallassee, Alabama that features a river. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options.

Awesome hike trails marked clearly. really enjoyed this hike beautiful on rock mountain.

I really enjoyed this trail. The parking is great right on the river off of Gold Mine Road . The trail itself is easily navigated with some great views. Quite a bit of elevation gain in the second half of the hike, but it is well worth it. Nice benches along the way to stop and take a break. I was definitely challenged at times with some steep climbs. I hiked the last mile plus from the summit in a toad strangler of a thunderstorm, but I had my frogg toggs so all was well. Saw lots of wild life ( deer, turtles, butterflies, eagles ). The guys at the Cherokee Ridge Hiking Association do a great job on all their trails systems. Will definitely be back!

Overall a fun hike. The hills are a little brutal if you are out of shape like me. Would have been better if the soles of my boots wouldn’t have gotten messed up, made the hills pretty tough. Lots of spots for the dogs to cool off in the creek. I did “dispose” of a copperhead that was on the trail, but that’s just part of hiking in Alabama.

Pretty hike with a few short steep hills. It was harder than expected, with pine straw making some steep downhill stretches a bit treacherous, near the end when we were fatigued. We walked clockwise, and I wonder if we might have been safer going counterclockwise, doing the steeper part first, and uphill, before fatigue set in. It took us older hikers (56, 63, 65) about 2°40’ to close the loop.