Hurricane Creek Park Loop

Hurricane Creek Park Loop is a 2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Vinemont, Alabama that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

There is many different trails here. One of my favorites that's close to home.

Any hike is a good hike. The trail received a 3 because it was growing soda cans and trash, which I don't think is suppose to happen or even possible. There were some nice rock formations and small water crossings. Again, any hike is a good hike.

Been going to Hurricane Creek for years. Beautiful rock and cliff formations, picnic area beside the creek and lots of neat little areas such as Twilight Tunnel & Heavens Staircase. A beautiful place just off the main road.

It was kindof over grown and hard to navigate but it was still fun.

Moderate hike. The trails are not labeled that well. Once I got down to the creek, it was hard to determine where to go from there.
I left just in time. It seems to be the local hangout for kids and although there are signs clearly stating no alcohol, they all had alcohol. Not. place I would go on a weekend (I went in a Tuesday). I would recommend another trail; I wasn't pleased with this one as compared to others I have hiked. Maybe if I wasn't alone with my dogs it would have been better?
AND PLEASE..... IF YOU HAVE DOGS, TAKE POOP BAGS AND PICK UP AFTER YOUR DOG.

Went yesterday loved it

Just a note I work for the Cullman Parks & Recreation department that owns this land and operates the property and all trails. We have 3.5 miles of officially marked trails so it is longer than the 2 miles listed here. There are also some unofficial older trails that could make your hike closer to 4.5 miles or more. We are in the process of putting new signage all through the trails with new trail maps at the trail head and picnic area of the park, as well as online.

I haven’t been here since 2011 and was surprised that it was unattended and a bit run down. It seems like wherever there’s a human presence there is trash.

Other than that this is a lovely place. All three waterfalls were running and the wild flowers were just beginning to make a presence. Headed back today!

Great little trail.

It was a great hike for my wife and I. I seen people say it’s only 30 mins but that is not true if you hike the trail that is shown on the map it’s about 3 miles and took us about 3 hours which we stopped a few times looking at what God has created for us.:) the trials are somewhat “hidden” in places and you can easily get off track. The twilight tunnel could be easily missed if you don’t know what and where it is... we suggest taking the lower trial first which takes you straight to the tunnel and eventually brings you out the “high side”. We did it backwards which was pretty confusing for us.

This is a nice little surprise in Cullman. The loop up to the cliffs and small cave is worth taking any time of year

great trail for a quick hike. I completed in 30 minutes. it does have it's challenging parts. great scenes all around. I was the only one on the trail.

Be careful with the trails after the twilight tunnel no signs and hard to navigate afterwards

We love coming to this trail. It's a pretty easy one (except for the paved hill near the trailhead, wowza!) and we love taking our dog there; so many places for her to play and swim and chase her tennis ball! A great little hike for a day out.

Great hike. Great views. The only complaint is the lack of trail markers. All in all wonderful hike look forward to coming back.

Took the kids for a day hike. It was great. Less stars due to rednecks throwing water bottles on trail. Pick up your trash.

Very nice hike. I took several kids ages 14 to 21, I myself am 46. There were several parts that were moderately physically challenging. The trails are all fairly well marked although a bit confusing at times. The trails are fairly well trekked and clear but in need of some repair in places. Someone has been recently doing work on the trails though so that is promising. Overall a great two hour hike completely around with quite a bit of sightseeing. Right about 6500 steps to make the entire trek.

No waterfall in July but only a little trickle. Came to jog based on the reviews but no way! Too many rocks and roots. Forested trail which brought some relief from the heat. Trail led to creek and back up again. Nice loop for beauty and some exercise.

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Great adventure for the kids lots of different trails to walk be sure to go to the twilight tunnel. wish I had pics but phone ran out of juice.

Thursday, June 08, 2017

What a hidden gem!

Wednesday, June 07, 2017

Great little hike! Has a real cool tunnel (twilight tunnel) you can walk through. Definitely moderate hike, but was able to make it with a 4 year old & a 2 year old in my back pack. Nice creek to take a swim, and even jump of a wall into the water. Not too busy either. Very enjoyable!

Thursday, April 13, 2017

Great hike! Beautiful bluffs and stream below. Took my son's Cub Scout den and they loved it.

Saturday, April 08, 2017

Kid friendly, baby carrier friendly, clean !

Sunday, March 05, 2017

Fun day trail to spend a few hours. The creek and the water flow is relaxing.

Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Awesome views and challenging hills.

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Low traffic. Great for hiking with a dog. If you take the full loop has some decent uphill.

Thursday, September 22, 2016

The park is now free and open to the public daily from sunrise to sunset. Lots of scenic views in the 400' deep canyon including cliff sides, waterfalls, and creek side views. The park has roughly 4 miles of trails, and is good for all ages. Hike back out will be a little difficult.

Monday, August 29, 2016

Good hike with some good views right off the interstate.

Friday, August 05, 2016

my neice and I hiked with her Sheppard, good strength builder!

Sunday, May 15, 2016