Horse Creek Walking Trail

Horse Creek Walking Trail is a 5.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Dora, Alabama that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and road biking and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 5.1 miles Elevation Gain: 246 feet Route Type: Out & Back

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

paved

I surely enjoy my time going there walking or jogging. I see a lot of people that I know, I would recommend going.

It's a great trail, but there are too many random dogs

Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Great asphalt ride

Sunday, April 01, 2018

I have done this trail four times, I am VERY out of shape so this is the first time I've made it without having to stop and rest. Nice trail, well kept, paved, relatively level.

Monday, May 29, 2017

Very nice trail! Enjoyed the trail from start to finish. Plan to visit this trail with my kids to ride bikes.

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

It's close to where I live. It's a great trail but if you have a dog that goes with you. Beware of some dogs that live nearby the trail. I had a dog in the sumiton part of the trail come after my dog. I had to pick her up. On the dora side they're 4-5 dogs. Only 2 came after my dog. I've never had them come after me when I was by myself. Just only when I was walking my dog. Besides that the trail is a good one. They gave benches to sit on if you get tired or just need to take a break.

Saturday, July 02, 2016

Just to be clear this trail is not 5 miles one way. I rode to the end and back with and got off the trail multiple times for several miles and still did not get a whole 10 miles in. Besides that the trail is in good condition and there were not a many people using it. I would recommend parking on the Sumiton side of the trail.

Monday, February 15, 2016

Nice trail, too many free roaming dogs.

Thursday, February 04, 2016

Wonderful! The only thing about the trail that I didn't like was there was a few neighborhood dogs at a couple of places on the trail. However, they just barked and didn't seem harmful. Highly recommend this trail. Very nice and well kept!

Monday, March 18, 2013

Walking trail near our house that I walk all the time. 5 miles from end to end. Paved with a few seating areas along the path. Some small dogs in the neighborhood that have walked along with me but never bothered me.

recorded first time