Green Trail (Peavine Falls Trail)

Green Trail (Peavine Falls Trail) is a 1.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Pelham, Alabama that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

challenging hike but worth it

We originally we're going to do the loop, but got to the waterfall, set up the hammock and then decided to come on back.
We got to the falls around 9:30 and only one other person was there so it was great!
As we were coming back up around 11, there were more people.
The waterfall was beautiful! It just rained so it was really flowing. We brought our swimsuits in hopes to jump in, but the water was pretty cold and the pool was shallow. I'm sure if someone was really wanting to, laying in the pool and playing under the waterfall would be a blast.
Trail started off as mostly a road and the last half was trail, pretty rocky and steep. Coming back up felt like we were going straight up but wasn't too crazy. Rocks can be a bit slippery though.
Overall, fun trail and good hangout.
Also, 5 bucks a person to get in.

Take a swimsuit!

Beautiful waterfall and stream but not well marked.

Easiest trail to get lost on do not reccomend

Beautiful trail with all the changing colors. I took my daughter on a hike here. It was good and challenging and made me work up a sweat. I love how well marked every trail is. Although it was somewhat busy there that day, we felt completely alone on the trail which was so nice! I love Oak Mountain and we will be back to do a longer and more challenging trail in the future months.

Amazing!!