Fossil Mountain Trail

Fossil Mountain Trail is a 1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Hayden, Alabama that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

I took my 3 year old on this trail. Great for kids.

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Monday, June 13, 2016

I think this trail is inside rickwood caverns state park and it is a good trail and the cave at rickwood was fun to explore and also a short flat trail was cool also and then we ate at the White House restaurant in warrior,al. Great day

Friday, May 27, 2016

I took my 8 year old nephew & 4 year old son on this hike. They really loved it. The trail was easy enough for me not to worry too hard about them. The trail was exceptionally well marked & it was also free from litter. The rocks are breathtaking. The boys were fascinated at the size of the rocks & how many there were.
The restrooms in the gray building were very clean. Parking was not a problem at all. The gift shop staff was friendly. All around a great day trip & hike for kids just learning.

Monday, April 25, 2016

Monday, December 14, 2015

Monday, November 07, 2011

Nice hike and well marked trail.

Monday, October 24, 2011

Fun little trailer. Great for a Saturday out with small kids. Just far enough that they sleep the whole way home.

Friday, April 01, 2011

Nice little trail. Great if u are taking kids. Lots of great rock formations. We could not see any fossils but we did see lots of animal tracks. The directions on here r not right it is inside rickwood caverns state park.