Fossil Mountain Trail

Fossil Mountain Trail is a 1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Hayden, Alabama that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Beautiful trail...tho short.

Great trail for kids. We took our time and probably took 45 min to make the loop. Kids loved climbing on all the rocks

Hiked this trail this weekend with a group of Boy Scouts and siblings. Great hike for kids. It was easy but still a bit of climbing around the rocks for the kids.

Friday, March 24, 2017

I took my 3 year old on this trail. Great for kids.

Monday, June 13, 2016

I think this trail is inside rickwood caverns state park and it is a good trail and the cave at rickwood was fun to explore and also a short flat trail was cool also and then we ate at the White House restaurant in warrior,al. Great day

Friday, May 27, 2016

I took my 8 year old nephew & 4 year old son on this hike. They really loved it. The trail was easy enough for me not to worry too hard about them. The trail was exceptionally well marked & it was also free from litter. The rocks are breathtaking. The boys were fascinated at the size of the rocks & how many there were.
The restrooms in the gray building were very clean. Parking was not a problem at all. The gift shop staff was friendly. All around a great day trip & hike for kids just learning.

Monday, November 07, 2011

Nice hike and well marked trail.

Monday, October 24, 2011

Fun little trailer. Great for a Saturday out with small kids. Just far enough that they sleep the whole way home.

Friday, April 01, 2011

Nice little trail. Great if u are taking kids. Lots of great rock formations. We could not see any fossils but we did see lots of animal tracks. The directions on here r not right it is inside rickwood caverns state park.

Sunday, April 09, 2017