off road driving

I enjoyed this trail this afternoon for a easy paced run/hike. It’s basically a ATV/horse trail that we can use. Nice undulating hills. Very easy to follow as the trail is marked with white diamonds for the 11 mile loop and red diamonds for the 5 mile loop. There’s various ground types from rocky to sandy to just plain mud. Fun for a trail runner like me but not an outing Your probably going to take little children on. I only saw a group of 3 ATVs at about mile 9 the entire time I was on the trail and they were pleasant as I stood off the trail so they could drive by me.

The only negative about this trail is getting to it: you have to drive about 4/5 miles of seriously country gravel/dirt roads to get to the trail head. If your a city person you WILL be thinking where the heck am I going and start hearing banjo music...lol.

For the record my Garmin tracker had this run at 10.80 miles and 1227 elevation gain. The trailhead signs say it is 11 miles long for the big loop and 5 miles for the short loop.