Falling Rock Falls Hike

Falling Rock Falls Hike is a 1.5 mile out and back trail located near Montevallo, Alabama that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, horses, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

A short hike reveals a hidden treasure... a 90 foot waterfall. Park at the locked gate at the trailhead. Go around the gate and walk up the road. Take the first road to your left (about half a mile from the trailhead). Follow this road and take the first road on your right. Hike about a quarter-mile to a road on your left. This road has large dirt berm across it along with a deep ditch, to keep wheeled vehicles from entering the area. Hike the small trail which leads around the berm and leads down the hill. When you reach the bottom of the hill you will see Eddings Creek and the top of Falling Rock Falls. Be VERY careful in this area as the rocks can be quite slippery and a fall from here could be fatal. If hiking with children, please keep them away from the edge of the falls. There are small trails on both sides of the falls that lead to the bottom of the falls. Once again, exercise extreme caution on these trails. There is a cavern behind the falls which is quite fun to explore.

My 9-year-old and I did this easily! What fun walking behind the falls. We will definitely enjoy this one again.

Very beautiful. 4 stars because of the graffiti, and most the trail to the fall is a driveway like road

Fun easy hike especially if you have kids. Mine thoroughly enjoyed it and we will be going back.

Easy hike in. Cave under the waterfall. We went in the first week of October. There has been no rain and subsequently no water fall. The pond under the water fall is dried up. Found a lot of animal tracks in the area of some of puddles of water that were still present.

Great experience, easy hike to the top of the falls, a bit of a challenge to get to the bottom. The second waterfall is an added treat. Bring a trash bag and gloves, idiots visit and leave their mark. Leave nothing of value in your car. Beautiful trip.

the hike was relatively simple for a 3 years old and a 6 years old. however, once we arrived at the destination, we were on top of the waterfall so I was very paranoid that my kids would slip and fall down. so we stayed nearby a creek which led to the waterfall ledge. I will go alone next time to check how we can get under the waterfall. Overall, it was a beautiful nature hike.

Amazing Experience The Hike wasn't to bad, all but getting back up the hill from under the falls. Beautiful sights just a great experience highly recommend it, it'll be well worth while.

I love Falling Rock. Short hike with a steep ending to get to the waterfall.

Beautiful destination. My son and I brought my wife here for Mother's day. The trash at the bottom of the falls wasn't too bad, but we still managed to fill half of a 50-gallon lawn bag. The highlighted path on the map in the app took us to the pump at the end of the road, so we had to backtrack to the turn off to go to the top of the falls.

My girlfriend and I went for the first time today. We had a blast! Waterfalls were beautiful! The hike isn't bad unless you decide to go down underneath the falls, then it can get a little harder. Great time!

two amazing waterfalls, really fun to hike

Wow. Beautiful waterfall (2 waterfalls). Biked in to the oil/gas pump, listened for the water and hiked through the woods (no trail here), following a trail of trash. Please take a trash bag and some gloves to leave the place better than you find it. The previous review nailed the directions. The app really helped finding the way much easier.