Dismals Canyon

Dismals Canyon is a 0.8 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Phil Campbell, Alabama that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

old growth

My family and i went here for the night dismal viewing. The pictures on the website are not what you will see. -fair warning-. We were so disappointed in that. we did see some glow in the dark dismals. I would describe it as little pins of light on a dark cabe wall. Also we have 30 people looking at a 25 ft wall on a cave and see 4 pins of light and that was all. The guide (who was very knowledgeable and helpful) tells u all about these creatures and that this is a unique thing to see, but this website is very very misleading. We had to pay $10 each and it was ok for the money. I wouldnt recommend it unless u went during the day too. we walked along some nice caves but could enjoy the scenery because it was dark. If u go see it during the day and night so you can enjoy it both ways.

Park Entrance
N3419.642 W08746.946
Easy Hike

Simply a must for a hiker or camper.

LOVED this place!!! Did the night tour and also day hiked. We camped at Sleeping Water by a waterfall which was very private. Absolutely beautiful!!!

Grandkids and I had a great time, I want to go back!

AMAZING OVERALL. You can't miss the night tour to see the dismalites (glow worms). It was perfect for the kids (5yrs girl and 9yrs boy).

very pretty place. my family liked the hiking and going off on the side trails. We enjoy swimming in the falls rather than the hole ur supposed to swim in. i did think the price of admission was a little high, but we had a great time.

short hike, unless you have a 5yr old.

Beautiful place!

So pretty! We camped under a cave shelf. Beautiful hike with lots of water. Wear water shoes.

Amazing place, easy hike, beautiful place! Cant wait to come back!!!!