Coosa River

Coosa River is a 7 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Wetumpka, Alabama that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for canoeing and whitewater kayaking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Point to Point

whitewater kayaking

This river is a nice 7 mile run . I love the rapids and exploring the area for wildlife.

canoeing

Kayak supplied through Coosa Outdoor Adventure Center. Excellent service and equipment!! I highly recommend them.
River was low so wasn't as high adventure as I had hoped for but one of our group did fall out off his sit upon kayak. Great scenery and fun time.

Saturday, July 18, 2015

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Tuesday, September 09, 2014

Floated coosa river yesterday 9/7/14
It was a mellow day out on the river.
The flow was 4000 cfps. So the rapids where easy. I would like to float it at peak flow 8000 cfps. Maybe next time.

Friday, October 18, 2013

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

We as a family and as a scout group have done this section many times. The time without paddling maybe 4 hrs but the section can be completed in less than 1 1/2 hr. Enjoy the ride along the way, if yaking stop and play, if canoeing scout the stops, especially Moccasin gap, a level three rapid.

Tell Lonnie I said hello

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
--Helen Keller

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

This was a great trip with a group of friends . Plenty of places to pull out and relax after going through the white water. Our group was a good mix of experienced and first time kayakers and we all had a great time.