Conecuh North Loop Trail

Conecuh North Loop Trail is a 15.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Wing, Alabama and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and backpacking and is best used from March until May. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

There are lots of pine trees, swamps and ponds. Bring plenty of water. $3 Park Fee

An easy trail to hike. The trail was pretty clear and marked well. Not much for scenery other than Long Leaf Pines. The posted map at the starting point is backwards so be careful. Blue pond is wonderful, Crystal clear water!

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

I did the north loop on a nice Febuary day, so I didn't have to worry about mosquitos, gators, or snakes. The Blue Pond recreation parking lot was where I planned on parking, but they did not open until April, and the road was blocked. So I parked at the United Methodist Camp and just hiked north to find my way to the trail. From this spot the total distance was about 14-15 miles and took me right at 7 hours to complete. I did not see anybody else on the trail the entire time so it was very peaceful. The terrain was flat and the trail was well marked with white diamonds on the trees. It was very swampy at some spots and my feet got pretty good and soaked. If you are looking for a long hike with easy terrain, this is for you.