Conecuh North Loop Trail

Conecuh North Loop Trail is a 15.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Wing, Alabama and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and backpacking and is best used from March until May. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

There are lots of pine trees, swamps and ponds. Bring plenty of water. There is a $3 parking fee.

Great for a Trail Run. I did not see anyone else on the trail. I would not attempt to do this after April as their it will be too hot with too many bugs. I completed this in April of 2018 and they were doing some clearing burns on parts of the trail. Just follow the trail flashes and you will be fine. You can park just off Alabama Highway 137 if you don't want to park at the lake.

off road driving

Easy to navigate, but not to much wildlife we only saw butterflies and less than a handful of birds. We did the Falco RD and another loop without name or marks.

Rec center opens on april 1st so parking is alittle trouble, all I did was park on the trail on the right just before the you get to the lake. Lot of ponds. trails are marked by white markers. I suggest plenty of water and the alltrails.com app really helps too cuz you think your done at one point and theres plenty to go. have to go over hwy 2 separate times. didn't see anyone else on the trail. had my dogs and didn't even need to lease them lol but the park does ask that you keep them on a least due to wildlife and snakes.

Sunday, July 23, 2017

It was not the heat during this July hike that made it less than pleasant but the spiders and mosquitoes. Had to stop frequently to move spiders and their webs from the trail. (Some very large spiders.) This made the hike take much longer than it should have. When we paused, the mosquitoes would swarm us. They were no problem as long as we were moving. An easy hike but be sure you carry sufficient water. One bridge had collapsed and made crossing difficult. The trail did not appear to be frequently hiked or maintained.

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Long trail. When hiking in the summer, make sure you carry enough water (100+ oz).

Sunday, February 19, 2017

An easy trail to hike. The trail was pretty clear and marked well. Not much for scenery other than Long Leaf Pines. The posted map at the starting point is backwards so be careful. Blue pond is wonderful, Crystal clear water!

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

I did the north loop on a nice Febuary day, so I didn't have to worry about mosquitos, gators, or snakes. The Blue Pond recreation parking lot was where I planned on parking, but they did not open until April, and the road was blocked. So I parked at the United Methodist Camp and just hiked north to find my way to the trail. From this spot the total distance was about 14-15 miles and took me right at 7 hours to complete. I did not see anybody else on the trail the entire time so it was very peaceful. The terrain was flat and the trail was well marked with white diamonds on the trees. It was very swampy at some spots and my feet got pretty good and soaked. If you are looking for a long hike with easy terrain, this is for you.

Monday, April 03, 2017