Chinnabee Silent Trail

Chinnabee Silent Trail is a 7.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Lineville, Alabama that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

Acess at 646 off cheaha road or 281.

1 hour ago

Great trail. Falls were a great site to see and hear. My fiancé and I hiked it with our dog. The Cheaha 50k happened to be racing through. It was fun cheering on the runners. Only mistake was that we wanted to start at Chinnabee Lake. It’s closed until March 1. Fun one though.

Backpacked in/out from 281 last weekend with my husband, 11-year-old daughter, and our dog. Great family hike -- not too rigorous with interesting geology, plant life, and water falls! The first section of the trail from 281 to Cheaha Falls is a bit busy with lots of folks just hiking in to the view the main falls, but traffic diminishes considerably after you cross the creek. We ended up with a sweet little camp spot down in the valley off the left-hand side of the trail in the area known as Devil's Den.

Did this trail today. It did my disappoint!

very easy coming from rt281 to the falls only 1 mile in and out

Have done this trail many times with my family. Very pretty.

Love this trail one of the best in the area.

Amazing scenery and a few waterfalls. Went with a group of friends and we enjoyed every minute of it!

Beautiful scenery and waterfalls! excellent trail to hike.

Relatively easy hike in from the main road to the waterfalls.

The falls were absolutely amazing! Stopped and set up hammocks. Walked around naked for about 2 hours. haha. Not a soul in sight. A beautiful getaway

Nice trail with some excellent views of Cheaha park. Lots of changing terrain and a wide array of rock formations, swimming holes and vegetation. Single file with heavy brush at some points though. You kind of have to melt into the brush to let others pass. We did it out and back in about 4 hours with a stop for lunch.

This was the first time my husband and I hiked a trail with this length. Very beautiful near Lake Chinnabee with waterfalls. There are several places where we just stopped to enjoy the view and the quietness of the area. Will definitely do again.

Beautiful trail! I was lucky enough to experience this area a weekend after heavy rainfall to the north so the falls were phenomenal.

LOVE the chinnabee!! It's a must when in Cheaha!

Love the silent trail,not much traffic and jsut a great place to clear your mind. Cheaha Falls is on this trail and it's one of my favorite swimming spots! It's a a must when going to CSP!

beautiful waterfalls at devil's den.

We visited yesterday (3/19/2017) and had a great time until we got right before the stone steps to devil's den. It is very unsafe and impossible to get to the steps unless you take a chance and step on the slick rock.

Great day hike! Go check it out. For a day hike, camp at Camp Turnipseed. Awesome campsite, can get busy. If your backpacking there are plenty of sites off the trail and near the falls.
Leave no trace!

This is a great little easy hike. A few hills, but not too tough even if you are only in decent shape. Trail is well marked and when we went there was plenty of water--the dog loved it.

Sunday, February 19, 2017

Great first hike here. Devils Den was beautiful. Looking forward to more hiking here!!!