Chinnabee Silent Trail

Chinnabee Silent Trail is a 7.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Lineville, Alabama that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

Acess at 646 off cheaha road or 281.

Beautiful trail! I was lucky enough to experience this area a weekend after heavy rainfall to the north so the falls were phenomenal.

LOVE the chinnabee!! It's a must when in Cheaha!

Love the silent trail,not much traffic and jsut a great place to clear your mind. Cheaha Falls is on this trail and it's one of my favorite swimming spots! It's a a must when going to CSP!

beautiful waterfalls at devil's den.

We visited yesterday (3/19/2017) and had a great time until we got right before the stone steps to devil's den. It is very unsafe and impossible to get to the steps unless you take a chance and step on the slick rock.

Great day hike! Go check it out. For a day hike, camp at Camp Turnipseed. Awesome campsite, can get busy. If your backpacking there are plenty of sites off the trail and near the falls.
Leave no trace!

This is a great little easy hike. A few hills, but not too tough even if you are only in decent shape. Trail is well marked and when we went there was plenty of water--the dog loved it.

Great first hike here. Devils Den was beautiful. Looking forward to more hiking here!!!

Great Trail for a day hike. Nice water flow, and very easy to moderate. Enjoy!

Grate trail nice view over a large creek

I did this when I traveled with my ministry to Mt. Cheaha.
It's a pretty peaceful trail, as the name suggests, and the autumn trees made it beautiful with Cheaha in the background.
I'm only throwing for stars because of the trash around the creek areas, which is more at fault of the visitors.

I hiked this trail with my 4 and 10 year olds. It's ok for kids. Unfortunately there was not much of water left In The creek so there was no falling water, actually no water at all just some exposed rocks, still pretty though. The fun part is toward the lake with the rocky, narrow and steep trail. I'd love to come back when there is no drought.

unfortunately we got a late start and was on the trail for 2 hours and had to cut our trip to Cheaha falls shelter short... half way in... oh well... there is always another day. thoroughly enjoyed the outing though!