Chinnabee Silent Trail

Chinnabee Silent Trail is a 7.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Lineville, Alabama that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

Acess at 646 off cheaha road or 281.

Great trail. Falls were a great site to see and hear. My fiancé and I hiked it with our dog. The Cheaha 50k happened to be racing through. It was fun cheering on the runners. Only mistake was that we wanted to start at Chinnabee Lake. It’s closed until March 1. Fun one though.

Backpacked in/out from 281 last weekend with my husband, 11-year-old daughter, and our dog. Great family hike -- not too rigorous with interesting geology, plant life, and water falls! The first section of the trail from 281 to Cheaha Falls is a bit busy with lots of folks just hiking in to the view the main falls, but traffic diminishes considerably after you cross the creek. We ended up with a sweet little camp spot down in the valley off the left-hand side of the trail in the area known as Devil's Den.

Did this trail today. It did my disappoint!

very easy coming from rt281 to the falls only 1 mile in and out

Have done this trail many times with my family. Very pretty.

Love this trail one of the best in the area.

Amazing scenery and a few waterfalls. Went with a group of friends and we enjoyed every minute of it!

Beautiful scenery and waterfalls! excellent trail to hike.

Relatively easy hike in from the main road to the waterfalls.

The falls were absolutely amazing! Stopped and set up hammocks. Walked around naked for about 2 hours. haha. Not a soul in sight. A beautiful getaway

Nice trail with some excellent views of Cheaha park. Lots of changing terrain and a wide array of rock formations, swimming holes and vegetation. Single file with heavy brush at some points though. You kind of have to melt into the brush to let others pass. We did it out and back in about 4 hours with a stop for lunch.

This was the first time my husband and I hiked a trail with this length. Very beautiful near Lake Chinnabee with waterfalls. There are several places where we just stopped to enjoy the view and the quietness of the area. Will definitely do again.

Beautiful trail! I was lucky enough to experience this area a weekend after heavy rainfall to the north so the falls were phenomenal.

LOVE the chinnabee!! It's a must when in Cheaha!

Love the silent trail,not much traffic and jsut a great place to clear your mind. Cheaha Falls is on this trail and it's one of my favorite swimming spots! It's a a must when going to CSP!

beautiful waterfalls at devil's den.

We visited yesterday (3/19/2017) and had a great time until we got right before the stone steps to devil's den. It is very unsafe and impossible to get to the steps unless you take a chance and step on the slick rock.

Monday, March 13, 2017

Great day hike! Go check it out. For a day hike, camp at Camp Turnipseed. Awesome campsite, can get busy. If your backpacking there are plenty of sites off the trail and near the falls.
Leave no trace!

Sunday, March 05, 2017

This is a great little easy hike. A few hills, but not too tough even if you are only in decent shape. Trail is well marked and when we went there was plenty of water--the dog loved it.

Sunday, February 19, 2017

Great first hike here. Devils Den was beautiful. Looking forward to more hiking here!!!

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Great Trail for a day hike. Nice water flow, and very easy to moderate. Enjoy!

Sunday, January 22, 2017

Grate trail nice view over a large creek

Thursday, January 12, 2017

I did this when I traveled with my ministry to Mt. Cheaha.
It's a pretty peaceful trail, as the name suggests, and the autumn trees made it beautiful with Cheaha in the background.
I'm only throwing for stars because of the trash around the creek areas, which is more at fault of the visitors.

Monday, November 14, 2016

I hiked this trail with my 4 and 10 year olds. It's ok for kids. Unfortunately there was not much of water left In The creek so there was no falling water, actually no water at all just some exposed rocks, still pretty though. The fun part is toward the lake with the rocky, narrow and steep trail. I'd love to come back when there is no drought.

Sunday, October 30, 2016

unfortunately we got a late start and was on the trail for 2 hours and had to cut our trip to Cheaha falls shelter short... half way in... oh well... there is always another day. thoroughly enjoyed the outing though!

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

This is my favorite trail in Cheaha! Perfect for day hikes and backpacking. Devil's Den is a must see!

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Loved this trail, especially the waterfall that was just a little ways in! Amazing swimming pool at the bottom of the short waterfall with rocks to jump from into it!

Sunday, July 10, 2016

loved it. did it as my first overnight camp/hike. was a little tough for a beginner with full camping gear.. but overall it was an excellent trail. scenery is gorgeous. will definitely go again

Monday, June 27, 2016

A moderate and leisurely hike - this trail is one of my favorite go-to hikes with my toddler. Stopping at Cheaha Falls is a great place to cool off in the summer and enjoy a quick snack before heading on towards Devils Den. A great hike any time of the year! During the summer, definitely watch out for (AND RESPECT!) the snakes. They love soaking up the sun on this gorgeous trail as well.

Monday, April 25, 2016

Nice hike! The waterfalls are a joy to view and even better to get into and have a quick swim if the weather is right. The trail is moderate to easy depending on your abilities. Some rocks to traverse and some of the ledges are steep. It wasn't too crowded on the Sunday afternoon that we went. There are places where the tree canopy is very light and the direct sun will make you want to jump in the water too cool off for sure. Had the dog with as well and he enjoyed. But I wouldn't bring smaller dogs unless you want to carry them over some of the rocky areas.