Chewacla State Park Trail

Chewacla State Park Trail is a 2.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Auburn, Alabama that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

paddle sports

This state park is beautifully kept and has a wonderful waterfall feature on the trail. The only downside is the trail is not marked very well and there a lot of side trails and bike trails that crisscross

Love love love this little state park! Great hiking, really great trails!

Great trail! My 7 year old hiked all the way to the waterfall and back. We found lots of cool mushrooms, dragonflies, animal holes, rocks, and leaves. A dragonfly took a ride on my finger, and my daughter found a dead little bumblebee she created a Viking funeral for with a leaf in the creek. We swam and relaxed before hiking back. This trail is a hidden gem.

Very easy trail, you do have to cross water at the end of the trail. Watch out for snakes.

We took our two dogs out here for the first time last summer. This park is stunning!!! Our girls found the small waterfall and run off and dove straight in. Definitely going to come back out here and rent a cabin

This was a great family adventure! We took our 3 year old, 1 year old, and dog and did the short hiking loop near the waterfall. We all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The kids even challenged themselves to climb the hill on the way back (with us spotting them the whole way.) We can’t wait to go back and camp for a night.

One of my favorite trails in the area. So beautiful and peaceful.

Just finished hiking the 10.25 loop here today. The trails were very well marked but for longer distances you saw some of the same things. To call this a moderate hike is a bit much if you have done any hiking before. Still a gorgeous place to go and see the waterfall.

Beautiful trail, very enjoyable hike. Please note - trail loop as shown on this app is NOT possible with high water. We had to back track, luckily found a bridge to cross, and then crossed again through the creek at a low and slow part, to return to the trailhead. The loop shown assumes you can cross where the falls meet the creek / river. Water too fast for that. Might save a couple new to the area hikers from a similar predicament, with daylight quickly running out. ;)

Had a great time hiking this trail! Beautiful water if you go down the rocks near the waterfall

I loved this hike! I wish I lived nearby because I'd come to this park everyday if I could! It's so serene and the trail is beautifully shaded. Great for my pups too!

Numerous trails. Some are 10 mile trails. Beautiful scenery

More adventures in Chewacla - lots of really good options.

More nice trails at Chewacla!

Great spot to hike. Lots of shoreline to explore. Wild life is active in the area so keep a look out. Water falls are beautiful. Reminder you do share the trails with mountain bikes in some areas.

Plenty of challenging trail options in Chewacla! (although All Trails doesn't show them) Nice streams, water falls, wildlife to be spotted and some rocky-rooty portions to keep you stepping high!

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

We had to evacuate because of hurricane Irma. Never been to Auburn and we never really would've thought to come here. We were so surprised by the beauty and fell in love! We are now Auburn fans and can't wait to take a true vacation here!
WAR EAGLE

Saturday, September 02, 2017

Beautiful park, nice trails for mountain biking--poorly marked for hiking. When there is a lot of water, there is no passage below the falls, so a loop as depicted on All Trails is not always possible.

Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Great trail running, fairly easy.

Saturday, July 15, 2017

Great short hike.

Sunday, July 02, 2017

Good place to hike even better place to bmx and chill in your hammock

Monday, June 05, 2017

The dogs had a blast!!!

Friday, April 07, 2017

This little park is great for a weekend trip. Whether you're interested in mountainbiking, hiking, swimming or hanging out with friends, this park has it all. The waterfall makes for a great place to relax, but if you're looking to get away from the crowd, follow the trails to the east and hike along the creek. Toward the back of the park, there are some large boulder/rock ponds with little micro beaches perfect for setting up a hammock and making a campfire. Summer is definitely the best time to go as the park will be much more vacant as the majority of the college students will be gone for the summer.

Monday, April 03, 2017

I love Chewacla because it feels like you are way out of town, but it's just a quick 10 minute drive from our house. It's a great place to take the dogs. Its also a great place for us to break in our hiking boots for future backpacking adventures. We love spending the day out here.

Saturday, December 10, 2016

Easy to navigate. Lots of beautiful scenery.

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Great fun with my wife and 11 year old son. Good variety of trails from beginner to advanced. Kick Six was a blast! Also enjoyed the Dell trail, which has great wood obstacles. Can't wait to make my next trip down from Atlanta.

Monday, October 10, 2016

needs better marking

Monday, September 12, 2016

Started walking the Falls View Trail with a goal to walk around the lake. Not marked very good and looks like the BMX crowd sort of goes where they want. At one time probably very nice but needs signs and markers replaced. Probably just get torn down by the punks. Very pretty in places, the water was not flowing over the dam but I can imagine that when it does the falls are worth the short walk. Made it around the lake with a side trip to the quarry in about 2.8 miles.

Friday, July 08, 2016

Not impressed

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

I do a lot of hiking in Northern GA and I'm always looking for hard terrain (elevation gain) to get a good work out. Chewlaca Falls has a lot of trails and some steep inclines nothing over a few hundred feet though. It's a good starter trail or a place that's closer to home to go hike for us. It does have some cool views and the water fall is cool to look at and play around on the rocks at the base of the falls. Unfortunately Alabama State parks are much more expensive than GA to it costs around a $20 to take my family of 5. But over all I would recommend going if your in the area.