Chewacla State Park Trail

Chewacla State Park Trail is a 2.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Auburn, Alabama that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

canoeing

I loved this hike! I wish I lived nearby because I'd come to this park everyday if I could! It's so serene and the trail is beautifully shaded. Great for my pups too!

Numerous trails. Some are 10 mile trails. Beautiful scenery

More adventures in Chewacla - lots of really good options.

More nice trails at Chewacla!

Great spot to hike. Lots of shoreline to explore. Wild life is active in the area so keep a look out. Water falls are beautiful. Reminder you do share the trails with mountain bikes in some areas.

Plenty of challenging trail options in Chewacla! (although All Trails doesn't show them) Nice streams, water falls, wildlife to be spotted and some rocky-rooty portions to keep you stepping high!

We had to evacuate because of hurricane Irma. Never been to Auburn and we never really would've thought to come here. We were so surprised by the beauty and fell in love! We are now Auburn fans and can't wait to take a true vacation here!
WAR EAGLE

Beautiful park, nice trails for mountain biking--poorly marked for hiking. When there is a lot of water, there is no passage below the falls, so a loop as depicted on All Trails is not always possible.

Great trail running, fairly easy.

Great short hike.

Good place to hike even better place to bmx and chill in your hammock

The dogs had a blast!!!