Chewacla State Park Trail

Chewacla State Park Trail is a 2.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Auburn, Alabama that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

paddle sports

I loved this hike! I wish I lived nearby because I'd come to this park everyday if I could! It's so serene and the trail is beautifully shaded. Great for my pups too!

Numerous trails. Some are 10 mile trails. Beautiful scenery

More adventures in Chewacla - lots of really good options.

More nice trails at Chewacla!

Great spot to hike. Lots of shoreline to explore. Wild life is active in the area so keep a look out. Water falls are beautiful. Reminder you do share the trails with mountain bikes in some areas.

Plenty of challenging trail options in Chewacla! (although All Trails doesn't show them) Nice streams, water falls, wildlife to be spotted and some rocky-rooty portions to keep you stepping high!

We had to evacuate because of hurricane Irma. Never been to Auburn and we never really would've thought to come here. We were so surprised by the beauty and fell in love! We are now Auburn fans and can't wait to take a true vacation here!
WAR EAGLE

Beautiful park, nice trails for mountain biking--poorly marked for hiking. When there is a lot of water, there is no passage below the falls, so a loop as depicted on All Trails is not always possible.

Great trail running, fairly easy.

Great short hike.

Good place to hike even better place to bmx and chill in your hammock

The dogs had a blast!!!

This little park is great for a weekend trip. Whether you're interested in mountainbiking, hiking, swimming or hanging out with friends, this park has it all. The waterfall makes for a great place to relax, but if you're looking to get away from the crowd, follow the trails to the east and hike along the creek. Toward the back of the park, there are some large boulder/rock ponds with little micro beaches perfect for setting up a hammock and making a campfire. Summer is definitely the best time to go as the park will be much more vacant as the majority of the college students will be gone for the summer.

I love Chewacla because it feels like you are way out of town, but it's just a quick 10 minute drive from our house. It's a great place to take the dogs. Its also a great place for us to break in our hiking boots for future backpacking adventures. We love spending the day out here.

Saturday, December 10, 2016

Easy to navigate. Lots of beautiful scenery.

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Great fun with my wife and 11 year old son. Good variety of trails from beginner to advanced. Kick Six was a blast! Also enjoyed the Dell trail, which has great wood obstacles. Can't wait to make my next trip down from Atlanta.

Monday, October 10, 2016

needs better marking

Monday, September 12, 2016

Started walking the Falls View Trail with a goal to walk around the lake. Not marked very good and looks like the BMX crowd sort of goes where they want. At one time probably very nice but needs signs and markers replaced. Probably just get torn down by the punks. Very pretty in places, the water was not flowing over the dam but I can imagine that when it does the falls are worth the short walk. Made it around the lake with a side trip to the quarry in about 2.8 miles.

Friday, July 08, 2016